Pages

Monday, October 22, 2012

Power of Asian Parents

Asian parents are crazy. They are like holy crusaders. They are mad people. Well, at least for our generation our parents are all of above. (This is the i-generation btw for those people who would read this post in the future.) Our Asian parents believe that some divine spirit has order them to give everything to their children. Their purpose in life is just to give us everything. They're only pleasure is watching us grow up and eventually find independence.

I do not understand.

I think our parents are irrational. Even if the children's love is not reciprocate of those of the parents, the parents always love their children. It really makes no sense. Then again, love is something that makes no sense. The only thing irrational in this world is love. Love makes people go against reasoning. As cliche as it is, love does make us human.

In most cases where the children parents do not talk to each other, its just that both parties have difficulty expressing their love. I do blame the parents because for a child, the parent is the role model for observant learning. If the parents fail to give a good example of how to express love, the children would also have difficulty. So, in the end, the parent is unable to show his or her love, the children also cannot. As time goes on, parent and child, distance themselves. However, no matter what kind of parent or child he or she is, they do love each other.

I do know how it feels to hate your parents. In elementary school, when I was bullied, I didn't mind because I had my parents. In high school, when I was bullied, I didn't have my parents. To me, my parents betrayed my trust. I needed a single person to comfort me, but my parents didn't. They didn't like my grades even though I was doing my best. It was difficult for me as I have not learned Korean properly and I tended a local elite school. I've absorbed the negativity inside and outside of my comfort zone. Also, I still hate my dad for making me always worry.  I guess I hate him because I love my dad.

After reading this post, you still think you don't love your parents. Well, trust me, you'll notice it but it would be too late... So I am telling you now, you do love your parents.

Another thing to think about is, what kind of parent would I be? As of now, I really do not want to be a parent. It seems like too much responsibility. Plus, I have not yet found someone I could love. Distance has always been a problem for me, as I do move around a lot. I wonder if I could find someone where the trust is so strong that distance does not matter.

I'll dream on haha



No comments:

Post a Comment