Pages

Monday, August 26, 2013

Learning from the past & Gift

Learning from the past isn't bad. Its healthy. You don't make the mistakes from before. However, what if those lessons teaches you to be miserable? For example, you learn that people don't last. It would be pretty depressing. I guess in this case, learning from the past isn't that great. What options do you have? How can you escape? You can't change people. Its how they'll live for the remaining days of their lives. If they are lucky, they'll confront the problem or decide to change. A friend of mine did change but it took a lot of effort. I should to but I'm strong enough. I've already quit smoking. I think its been a month already. I do crave one, but thankfully it was too hot. So, I'm back to being a non smoker, plus the consequences are too much. Medical attention costs a lot. I don't think I can afford it.

These few years are going to be hell. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be emotionally deprived. Humans form clans, kinship to survive. I'm not a social gauche but, I walk alone. After service, I'll enter society, where kinship is important. So much to figure out.

Also, I got a gift from the kid's mother that I tutor. I'm really thankful. She is an author. Have to read that book. I'm actually curious how far the kid would go as well. He is a nice kid.

Another thing about society. Governments sponsoring companies to teach skills to the unemployed doesn't work. Companies see the unemployed as barn animals that produces cash. They use the hope that the unemployed has to extract the cash that the government provides. Nothing seems to work. Even if the government hired people to teach the unemployed skills, the instructors, which the government, employed has no motivation to actually get the people employed. My friend tells me that I should stop thinking and do more but its fine. I make the time to think.

No comments:

Post a Comment