My understanding of interpersonal relationships is very thin. Its ineluctable since I lack the experience. I still have a hard time but thankfully I'm a good observer. A lot of times, people disappoint but sometimes there are moments when you are surprised. In Korea at least, there are quite a handful of nice people as well as bad people. Koreans are really caring when it comes to helping people find belongings they've lost. Wallets, smart phones and etc can be easily recovered since Koreans are willingly find their owners. I've lost few items and most of them were recovered. I also returned things I've picked up on the streets. I've also spotted a truly selfless person and a selfless beggar. It was quite amazing. I don't donate to beggars because a lot of them abuse kindness. I mean an average Korean who works hard would get 5 dollars per hour. In an hour, if the beggar gets at least 4 dollars, he or she is already making more than a person who works. Anyways, there was this beggar selling gum. You donate and she will give you gum, which is cheap. So, this lady came by and gave the beggar a dollar, but she didn't want gum in return. Well, it could have ended there but it didn't. The beggar pretty much begged the lady to take the gum in return. The beggar wouldn't let go of the lady until she took the gum. It made me really happy. Two people truly caring for one another, although it was temporary. I can't wait to see another sighting such as this.
I've recently took the toefl test. I can't handle stressful situations. I get too nervous. Fuck... I need to prepare for GRE so I don't make the same mistake I made with the toefl test. Its quite dumb how bad I am at taking tests now. I used to do really well on exams in college. It was the projects that I was having trouble with. Whatever. GRE gogo.
No comments:
Post a Comment