Pages

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Aggression & Littering

I read a short passage about aggression. Apparently all humans are aggressive. If they can't find an outlet, they'll explode. Thus, its natural for humans to have some aggression since aggression is a necessity in survival. Animals fight and consume each other. Humans are animals so, we pretty much do the same. If I have time I kind of want to read books written by Sigmund Freud. I tend to kid around too much with the little knowledge of Sigmund Freud's work. For example, I keep letting my friend if she has dreams of someone, its always sexually related. For real though, after everything, I'll love to read his works.

I got to feed a cat. I'll upload the video later. Just a side note, us Koreans really need to know not to litter. Some people littered in the subway. Nobody bothered picking it up. We Koreans rage about saving our country when in needs. Hate other countries for invading our country. The justification for that hate is Koreans should remember and be prepared to face another invasion. We make videos, spend money on poster and advertisement in famous magazines. But, we can't even bother picking up litter "for" our country. If we can't do simple things like cleaning up after ourselves, we shouldn't even bother with protecting our country... Actions speak louder than words. Its quite obvious we lack "true" and "sincere" nationalism or love for our country. Seriously... its really dumb. Sorry Korea.net admin, I just got really annoyed today with littering in Korea. We buy nice cars, clothes and go eat at fancy restaurants. Act like gentlemen and ladies, all cultured, understanding and stuff, but we can't even clean up for ourselves. Government officials do come out and fine littering but, they only target smokers for littering little cigarette butts rather than coffee cups... So, coffee cups are ok but cigarette butts are not. Well, this is the end of my rant for today.

2 comments:

  1. I was shocked when I went to the East Sea for vacation... The college kids never pick up after themselves. They'll come to the beach for an MT, get drunk as flip, and leave all their trash just sitting there. Ryan and I ended up chilling there until the sunrise, and guess what. The elderly village people came out in the morning to pick up the trash and dispose of it. Unbelievable. Even worse, when I visited Busan once, I was shocked at how much trash was under the concrete wave breakers... People just sit there watching the sunset or something, have a beer, and drop/toss the cans into the gaps. How is it that third culture kids like us are more aware of these things than people who have lived their entire lives in Korea? There's got to be something seriously wrong with our education system if we have grade-school kids who can chain curses better than gangsters, and college kids who have no respect for local communities. Quietly raging by myself here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol Well, third culture kids are mostly from middle income families. So, we have the luxury to care less about other family/financial problems. Plus, a lot of other people set their morals/beliefs based on peers, whereas we structure our morals/beliefs on what we watch on television/movies/religion/school. We have also accepted different cultural values as well.

      Delete