Pages

Friday, August 27, 2010

Would you just go to South Korea for CHOCO PIES?

One snack that was always part of my life was Choco Pie. When I was young I would eat it cause I loved it. The sweet taste of chocolate and marshmallows made such a good harmony in my watery mouth. During high school, I ate Choco Pies while I studied for the SATs. I wouldn't have time to eat breakfast/lunch, so I would grab few Choco Pies and eat them in the subway. (If you ever saw a person munching on Choco Pies in the subway, its probably me!). Moreover, even in college, the first thing I would pack in my luggage is Choco Pie! Actually, I had a couple of those last night with my friend. And in the future, when(if) I do my military service I would eat Choco Pies!

Like "Every Korean plays Starcraft", it is also true to say that "Every Korean eats Choco Pie!

Choco Pies are pretty close to moon cakes. They have marshmallows inside a cluster of bread and has chocolate coating. Thought there were some conspiracy that the chocolate on the Choco Pies are not really chocolate, they taste really good! After googling about Choco Pie, I found out that Choco Pie is quite popular in Asian countries like Taiwan, China and Vietnam! (No wonder they had Choco Pie in China Town!).

The taste of Choco Pies is really fascinating. Well its not a lobster dinner, but for a snack, its pretty good! You'll probably eat it, be satisfied and eat another. By the time you finish an episode of My Girlfriend is a Nine-Tailed Fox you would have finished a box of Choco Pies.

This is one phrase that I could always remember its from the movie "Joint Security Area". The movie is about the friendship that the North and South Korean soldiers have. The movie is RECOMMENDED. Anyways the South Korean soldier asks the North Korean to come over to the South. The North Korean looks back and the South Korean soldier says...


"you can eat choco pie til you burst "

The part is at 9:10ish on the youtube video below! Check it OUT!


5 comments:

  1. OMG! We have choco pies in my country too!!! SO GOOD XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. In mexico we have something like it, it's called Mamut (you can google it like "mamut de chocolate")
    I want onnnnnnnnnnnne
    ps. Nice blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL I guess some form of Choco Pies are everywhere!

    Thank You

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got a box of Choco Pie's, reminded me of you when I saw them n_n hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha nice! Hope they were worth it =D Well to me, a Korean, I would say its totally worth it =D

    ReplyDelete