Pages

Monday, August 9, 2010

Tooth Paste from Another World!


This was the current topic I wanted to talk about tomorrow! Its 3 am in Malaysia... So, I need some sleep for now. As soon as I wake up, I'll make a briefly describe the Korean tooth paste that most foreigners are not familiar with :S

Good Night!

Well, I'm back ! Woke up really late though :P Anyways I'll start my blog about tooth paste in Korea. In Korea, Colgate nor Mr.Freeze are popular. (They do have Colgate and Mr.Freeze, but they are quite expensive.) Instead there are numerous tooth paste brands that you never heard of. Moreover, Korean tooth paste kind of taste fruity to a lot of new users. I'll introduce couple of Korean brands I have used before.

2080 has the most familiar taste. It is minty and has green tea in it. Still, from my experience, the tooth paste itself was blue and it tasted something like Colgate but yet distinctively different!
Another tooth paste is called Jook Yum. This is the tooth paste I really like. Somewhat similar to Mr.Freeze but less minty and more salty. The idea is that they have used bamboo salt in the tooth paste since bamboo salt was originally used in medical treatment. Moreover, originally Koreans used salt to wash their mouth when tooth paste was not av
ailable.

The tooth paste similar to Jook Yum is called Song Yup. Song uses the smell produced from the leaves of the pines. The reason for choosing the pine leaves is probably because Koreans really like the smell of the pine leaves and in most mountains, the smell of pine leaves fill the air. (Really refreshing actually!) The taste is something similar to Jook Yum but has a minty flavor. Its probably the most familiar tooth paste brand I know because, the Woori Bank gave my family a lot of these tooth paste. Then, my family gave them to me to us
e them in University :D I ended up using that brand for one year :S I didn't mind the taste and my teeth were healthy!

The other Korean brands are not so familiar since I never used them. But, I did try some when I stayed at my relatives or my friends house. Most of them are really fruity. I had one that tasted like strawberry. The other one I had tasted like grapes but, something tasted weird about them...

Anyways Korea has various types of tooth paste. Maybe one day, Korean tooth paste could be a tourist attraction :D

No comments:

Post a Comment