Pages

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

K-Air's Two Bag Policy

It kind of sucks when you lack information and end up having to suffer more than others. Its like being a goalie without knowing that you can use your hands to block the ball. In the end, you lose the game and realize that you can use your hand. All you can do is regret and blame yourself.

Today, I was carrying my huge luggage bag for college. Obviously it was full of "stuff" that I was going to use in college. Before I left my house, I was so worried that it would be overweight. And Yes indeed it was! It was 28kg, even though the weight measuring thingamajig was already at 1kg even before I placed my bag... I ended up having to pay 50USD for the extra 5 kg.

After I paid for my luggage, the person from K-air explain that I could have had 2 luggages with 23kg each. Resulting in 46kg in total!!! This was the moment I became the goalie who lost the game because I thought goalies were not suppose to use their hands like other players! Boohoo. So this is how I started my new semester of college stressing out wasting 50USD just cause I lacked information about the rules of K-Air!

So in conclusion.. don't be a victim of lack of information! Know your airlines before you fly =D

I hope my flight would be smooth and easy...

5 comments:

  1. LOL yeah it did, I just got back to the US =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and a correction, I found out that Its not two bags for all the countries! It varies from countries. Some only allow one! like Malaysia lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. super random question: (plus this blog post is older so I don't know if you'll actually read it...)
    Did you ever get stopped through customs because you were trying to bring 반찬 back to college with you? One of my friends made it through to the states with her suitcase a fourth full of random 반찬 her mom made and my other friend had all her stuff confiscated. Just curious to hear your side of things...
    -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jenn! Thanks for commenting <3

    It really depends on how you pack your 반찬. If you want to take 반찬 with you. You have to seal it really well or get the processed one in cans.
    I'm like 90% sure that you can bring the processed 반찬 in cans, because I brought 짱아치 with me.

    However, I never brought anything made from home lol. So, I am not too sure.

    One thing for sure is that you shouldn't carry in your 반찬. You get caught for taking in liquid. You should put your 반찬 in the luggage that goes under the plane.

    Things I have brought with me to the US are: 과자, 사탕, 과식초, 짱아치, 멸치, 홍삼절편, 레모나씨, 라면, 컵라면, 사골국물팩[Packaged liquid soup], 3분카레 etc.

    I was able to carry in 과자. The rest I had to place on check in luggage.

    ReplyDelete