Again this article is from The Seoul Searcher! I was going to write about the KTX after I wrote about the Korean subway system. However, as I am very slothful, I decided to make us of an article from the TSS's blog! Click here to check out the blog about the Korean Train Express!
Since this information would be repetitive, I'll just make the introduction the the Korean Train Express aka KTX short and concise. (Summary of wikipedia :D) The KTX is a train that connects Seoul and Busan, the second biggest city in Korea. The reason behind building the KTX was to encourage people to live outside of Seoul. As many you have known. Seoul is very crowded and over 50 percent of the population is saturated in Seoul. Another idea behind it was that Korean private educational institutes were centered in Seoul as well. So, with KTX, students in Busan can afford private education without having to live in Seoul. Some say KTX was a failure, since the company had deficits. However, it did provide convenience to many people and a lot of people enjoy riding the train that goes up to 350 km/hr.
For me, I was only able to take the KTX to Busan once. My experience with the KTX was really good. It was fast, safe and economical. The best part was the view from the train. It also creates an atmosphere for taking a field trip or a vacation. The best part was that my dad didn't have to go through the bad traffic and spend hours struggling. Most of the information, the Seoul Searcher said is true. I can agree that there was no smell of smoke and the interior was quite nice. The only additional information I heard in my school teacher was that KTX joining with Japan would only happen if Japanese government pays more for the cost of constructing the underwater railway. Yes, it would be pretty awesome to have the KTX connected to the Japanese train rails. Korean tourism industry is not very strong. Hence, if the train ways are connected it would bring greater posterity to Korea and the other countries as well!
No comments:
Post a Comment