Many of you would have heard about the “amazing internet speed” in Korea. Well, as a Korean, I do believe that the Korean internet speed is along the fastest. Most of the time when I travel to other countries, I realized how much faster the internet in Korea was. My school’s internet speed was among the fastest internet I ever used but not fast enough to play Korean computer games online. What is even more surprising is that the cost of the internet per month is cheaper than the U.S of A.
There was a CNN article explaining why Korea had cheaper and faster internet compared to the U.S. Click here to check out the article!
The article does provide a general concept of the growth of the Korean internet. However, fast internet isn't always good. There are a lot of copy right and download issues in Korea. Faster downloads means more pirating CDs, Movies and etc, crumbing the entertainment industries. Moreover, there are more downloads of adult videos. Korea did develop a lot and is constantly developing to provided a faster broadband service. However, Korea must also try to provide a better cyber environment for the users as well!
No comments:
Post a Comment