After reading this blog post, I realized how the Samsung Galaxy S is sold as a substitute for the I-Phone. The lack of I-Phone supplies and availability makes other buyers to look for an alternative choice, the Galaxy S. Basically, the marketing strategy of Apple is aiding Samsung in the I-Phone market. However, Apple's marketing abilities are quite strong as well in some aspect. Apple is providing a uniqueness for the costumers who have already bought their I-Phones. Their purchases of the I-Phone would have a greater meaning. I guess this is why people would wait in long lines to get their hands on the I-Phone before everyone else. Additionally, the price would not decline as quickly as the price of Galaxy S because there would still be endless demand for the I-Phone since there are a still a greater demand than supply. The Galaxy S, on the other hand, would probably be less favored since everyone can purchase one without having any barriers. However, the uniqueness aspect disappears and probably the price would decline faster than the I-Phone as well because if there is an abundance in supply, the price would start falling eventually. Overall, both strategies have their ups and downs.
Personally, I would purchase the Galaxy S even though the I-Phone is more popular. My reason is that there is too many I-Phones. Especially since the design of the I-Touch is basically same for the I-Phone, I see everyone around me having a I-Phone :S.. This discourages me from seeking Apple products. Same goes for the Macbook. There is not enough designs to satisfy everyone. In the end people would have identical laptops and phones :S

No comments:
Post a Comment