Pages

Friday, August 13, 2010

How a Korean eat a ice-creamified "Pop Bing Shu"



After an exhausting flight I have arrived at Incheon Airport! I was really glad I made it alive! Well, I was half dead... since I really hate being packed in a crowded space... Anyways I managed and at Incheon Airport I meet my friend who was actually in the same flight! I was going to write about Incheon Airport for today's blog post but, today was too gloomy :S So, I couldn't get pictures that would amplify Incheon Airport's artistic design!

Instead, I wanted to introduce a treat called Pop Bing Shu! I don't think Pop Bing Shu was a traditional dish and even so it would have been only available to the wealthiest member in Korean society in the past. Thankfully, nowadays we can all enjoy the sweet taste of Pop Bing Shu in the summer heat!

More specifically, I would like to introduce the packaged Pop Bing Shu, that only costs 50 cents in USD. The reason is because a lot of people are not aware of how to eat this Pop Bing Shu properly that it is good as the hand made ones. Its really simple!

First you need two thing. The instant Pop Bing Shu and milk! The milk used could be strawberry milk, chocolate milk or just plain white milk. Normally, I prefer the white milk.

Then, you open the package and crush the ice by squeezing the sides of the package like the picture! It really doesn't matter if you decide not to break the ice in to small pieces. But by doing this milk can flow into the bottom of the bowl easily =D

Then, just add some milk into the plastic bowl! The milk would make the ice mix better with the sweets so that the Pop Bing Shu will taste like the handmade Pop Bing Shu! Just use the spoon to mix the milk + ice + sweets =D


Pop Bing Shu tastes somewhat like Cendol, and Halo Halo. They have a Chinese treat that is extremely similar to this as well but, I forgot the name :( Anyways, I hope everyone gets to enjoy their Pop Bing Shu! and have a pleasant summer!

3 comments:

  1. I hate how you write about food. It always makes me want some but I can't have it because there's no Korean store near me :(

    (Halo halo :D)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooooh that looks soooo goood!!! i want some =[

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is freaking good with milk almost good as the real thing! need to search HARDER =D

    ReplyDelete