Pages

Friday, August 20, 2010

My Flight with K-Air

Previously I have wrote about me going on the plane, but I didn't mention anything about my flight yet. My flight was pretty gloomy. Starting a semester having to pay 50USD is quite unpleasant and as I am pretty darn superstitious, I can't help but to think that something bad would happen during the semester. Hence, my flight was gloomy; my mind was clouded with the unpleasant thoughts of something bad happening. So, my review of the airline would be quite bias but, I'll try not to be too extreme.

K-Air is Tech Savy
The technology K-Air invested into their planes are quite impressive. I think the plane I took was the newer version. The bathroom had automatic water dispenser. So, it was much easier to use. I wasn't expecting that so I spent a lot of time, trying to figure out how to use the sink.

They had newer touch screen mini TVs. The TV allowed the users to look out side of the plane while they were flying. This made my flight extremely interesting because I see the sky from the pilot's view and the bird's view. Moreover, the games in the TV improved. They added Tetris which was really sweet. A lot of Koreans were playing that. The TV was a bit slow, almost slow as a worn up netbook. Moreover, the TV was broken for a long time... which I guess is a disadvantage for having a Tech Savy flight.

K-Air's Bad Taste of Movies
It wasn't just this flight. A lot of times when I ride K-Air, I would watch a lot of boring movies! Well, maybe other people with better taste might like those movies. But, either way, K-Air should increase the variety of the movie selections. I mean, they don't necessarily have to put only the newer movies, but just have a whole bunch to choose from. Not having a greater variety of movies is decreasing the target-customers.

Another suggestion is to have Japanese animations on the TVs. Its not that I'm a animation freak, its that there are a lot of animation lovers who would love to enjoy their 13 hr flight by finishing a 13hr worth season of episodes.

One good thing was that they had the Starcraft League on the mini TVs. This was pretty nice! especially for me because I'm a KOREAN! Except, they could have added more tournaments ...I only got to see 3 or 4 I think.

I'm not saying that K-Air's movie sucks and are out dated. They had Sherk 3, How to train a dragon, and etc. Its just that they didn't have enough... I was expecting them to have Knight and Day, A-Team, and etc. I ended up watching Ironman 2 again =D Maybe K-Air can do something that KTX did. They had customers pay to watch the latest movies like a cinema, which is not a bad idea. Click here to check out what KTX did.

Fast Service
The stewardess deserve credit for helping out. They were really fast and efficient. I was worried they would forget about moi and I would have to remind them. But, this never happened. They remembered what I requested and would come back after a few moments. Just when you start wondering if you're order went through, they pop out like a genie and fulfill your orders.

Pens!
This is one aspect that I don't get. K-Air supplies slippers, tooth paste and tooth brushes. However, they don't supply PENS! I bet many of you have suffered from not having a pen when you are writing some paper work to enter the country. The best idea is to ask the stewardess to lend you their pens! but guess what? They already lend out a lot and they don't have any left! Moreover, even if you have brought a pen, its most likely that you have to search your bag pack. Just saying, airlines should provide PENS! Each pens only costs less then a dollar but I think providing pens would help K-Air a lot!

Decent Food
I think the food in K-Air is improving every year. (Or maybe I'm learning to choose better.) I had bulgogi which was pretty decent. It was pretty close from the stuff you can get in restaurants. After that I got Seafood. It was basically seafood plus potatoes with white bolognese sauce. It was pretty good but sadly I wasn't really full. =(

My Personal Bubble Popped =(
Well, this applies for every airlines. As I have to take the economy class (Boo to student budget), usually the spaces in between people are really tight. My personal bubble is completely destroyed after flying :( I just wish sleeping pills are allowed in planes so that I do not have to suffer this tragedy of my personal space being invaded. Especially, I'm not fond of the policy where girls are grouped and guys are grouped. Cause, guys are big and they consume more space, thus invades your private space more! I guess the only way to prevent my bubble from being invaded is to start loosing more weight and have a smaller body mass!

Overall, my flight was decent. I was tired after my flight but that cause I'm not really good at sitting down for a long time. I had fun playing Teteris and watching movies that I usually don't watch lol. The best part is that I arrived safely.


2 comments:

  1. I'd love to view the sky from the pilot's point of view :D that'd be awesome. Did they really group the girls from the guys? I always thought it was random. But from a girls point of view, I can see why they grouped that way. I guess it's more safer for girls? But I totally agree with you on the pens part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL You would love it but then you can only see interesting stuff when we take off :( most of the time its just clouds and lol if its dark the screens black XD And its just a theory cause I only sat next to guys lol

    ReplyDelete