
The best transportation Korea has to offer is the subway. I just love riding the subway since the subway was able to take me wherever I wanted to go, without the aid of my parents! The main subway in Korea is called the Seoul Metropolitan Subway. It began in 1974 and around 13 lines (Not 100% sure). The subway can take us almost anywhere in Seoul. Nope, its not an overstatement. I really can take us anywhere! The cost of the subway is 1000 won, which is approximately around 1 dollar, for adults! Yes, it is pretty cheap. In Atlanta, Georgia it costs around 5 dollar for a round trip ticket. For children its only 450 cents! It is pretty cheap I guess. The cheapest fee goes to the senior citizens in Korea. They are able to ride the subway without any charges! Thats why I'm a bit jealous of my grandmother who always visit places without having to pay for transportation!

The Korean subway uses cards, something like touch and go in Malaysia. It is really nice since we can reuse the cards so its environmentally friendly. It used to use paper tickets, which were thrown away after usage. The ticket distribution also changed. Usually, employees handed out the tickets, but now there are machines distributing the tickets. I guess it became more convenient for the users but, it would probably been bad for the employees.
I'll just comment on some sightings that are unofficial and that are good and bad :D . The first thing you might notice when you ride the subway, is the merchants or people who bring their little carts with strange products in them. Well, selling products in the subway is illegal but people do it anyways XD. Some products are really interesting. I guess you can say they are creative, but some are just products that would break after one day :S. Another sighting in the subway is the missionaries from the church. Some Koreans are really religious. So, they decide to spread the word of God in the subway. Its pretty ok. They say a lot of good stuff but it gets bad when they start talking about what happens to people who are not believers.
The Korean subway is a place where various type of people come together. There are disadvantages and advantages for different type of people to get together. Still it shows that we are one as a community :D
No comments:
Post a Comment