Pages

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Paper Towns;

I finished the book this morning, watching world cup. It was a good choice. I am really enjoying books that have been quite recently written. My tutor in middle school made me read the classics from prehistoric times. I didn't enjoy most of the books. I didn't understand some. 

Some quotes I liked from the book is 

"A few lines later, it becomes even more clear that Whitman no longer needs to listen to become another: “I do not ask the wounded person how he feels . . . . I myself become the wounded person.”"
““Oh, bullshit. You didn’t come here to make sure I was okay. You came here because you wanted to save poor little Margo from her troubled little self, so that I would be oh-so-thankful to my knight in shining armor that I would strip my clothes off and beg you to ravage my body.”
"“I don’t blame her for wanting attention,” my mom said, and then to me added, “but that doesn’t make her well-being your responsibility.”"

I have to get my meds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment