Pages

Friday, June 13, 2014

Complimented;

I got complimented today. I woke up late because I slept at 5 am. I struggled to do some GRE problems, and I looked through github. I should have had experiences with it, but a lot of times my teammates used dropbox for sharing codes. I really do feel guilty for not trying harder during college. After fiddling with the terminal, I got a message from a friend saying he is somewhere close. I struggled out of my room, since I was still half awake and I needed to get there fast. I left the apartment and reached the cross walk across from the bus stop. Someone shouted my name. I was very bewildered.  I know a lot of people, but I really don’t know a lot of people near me at the same time. I didn’t expect anyone to know me near my apartment.  My confusion was clarified when I saw her face. She was the mother of the kid I tutored last year. I was surprised how glad she was to see me. She asked questions like why I didn’t call her, how long I’ve been here, and how long am I staying here. She said a lot of positive things about how well I taught.

I was really surprised. Apparently, while I was away, the kid’s English grades dropped. She mentioned how she liked how I encouraged reading, writing diaries and doing other activities. I asked her if she tried other resources, because before I left, I have recommended other institutes. She didn’t.  I wish she did. Every person has a unique set of skills. Getting exposed to different individuals accelerates learning.
                                                             
She told me she wants to contact me after exams are over. So, I might be teaching.





No comments:

Post a Comment