02/25/2014-12:53AM: I bought avocados for the first time in my life? I had some before but I never bought them myself. It was an interesting experience because I learned that avocados are hard. I have ripe them myself. In Korea, Avocados are expensive. I mean its just a family rule. We would try to live off whatever the local community can offer. If we wanted something foreign, it would be waste of money. The funny thing is, whatever cheap is in the local community is expensive elsewhere. Like stuff you don't appreciate here would be appreciated elsewhere. For example, a lot of people don't appreciate Korean food, and look for foreign food. The moment you step out of Korea, you miss Korean food. As for me, I crave oysters, but when I do have it, I don't really like them. I blame Gisela for making me want to eat avocados.
A blame I'm happy to take^^
ReplyDeleteAVOCADOS ruleeee, about the Guacamole, you can eat it cold but we usually eat it at room temperature as we usually make it and eat it right away, otherwise it will go from green to brown, but for that you can add some lime, just don't add any cream, I know some people do it but it's not alright lol.
And yea, you can eat it with crackers, but Nachos or Totopos -triangle pieces of fried tortilla with salt- are better.
Lol! Thats nice to know, I would have been shocked to find my Guacamole turn brown. I've added lime, tomatoes, onions, garlic, salt? Avocadoes are really expensive in Korea. In my entire life, I ate avocados 4 times. I ate avocados once in California Kitchen, twice in Subway, and once today. xD I'm pretty sure this is going to be really strange to you.
DeleteI don't add garlic but it might taste good, in México we add chopped chillies but that's up to those eating it, I love a spicy guacamole, salt and pepper also go in it. I know, but if you go at night to Emart or such places they sometimes have discount or like I did, found 2 for 1,000 Won -lol, Nowon is such a great place to get cheap food-
Deletelol! Yeah I do that too, except I never thought they discounted avocados. My parents always "believe" foreign foods are expensive so we stay away from it lol. Thats even cheaper than in America.
DeleteYup, having Mexican food in Korea is VERY expensive, so, I've managed to make some Korean foods a bit more Mexicans lol... I can have Chokpal with Tortillas and Guacamole and that's basically a Mexican carnitas taco lol
ReplyDeletelol if you go back to mexico and open a Korean/mexican restaurant I'm pretty sure its popular :P USA has a lot of fusion between mexican and korean food
DeleteI know, people here wants me to open a restaurant in Seoul lol, maybe someday.....
Delete