Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Korea's Facebook! Cyworld.

Sorry, I'm spamming topics. The thing is, if I spam topics. I realize that I should finish writing about them. So, I become motivated to write my blog more regularly. I'll keep using the image below <3 So it looks cuter than having an empty page. 


So, for today's topic I wanted to talk about Korea's Facebook. Technically calling Cyworld Korea's Facebook, its really not correct since Cyworld did come faster than Facebook. Korea had a "popular" social network few years before a lot of other countries.

So, what is Cyworld like? Is going to be our main topic. And I'll use my friend's cyworld page as an example since my cyworld is horribly unpopular. Yes, I have no friends  lol Yes I just loled. Even I think its embarrasing, pathetic and eventually sad.


I guess you have to enlarge it, but this is the layout once you log in. You can read the news, update your homepage, or visit your friends' homepage. The homepages are actually designed to look more like little cute diaries.
So this is what a typical Korea homepage looks like. And yes it is illegally used without any permission. lol So, there are various sections. Profile is obviously personal info. Diary is where you can write what you did or how you feel today. Photos is just a collection of photos you can upload or take from other people's homepage. They don't have the system on facebook, where they tag each other. You can add videos and there are wall posts. Basically the function is exactly the same. But instead of your profile pictures being posted, you get to make an avatar or a character.




These are some pictures that are posted with the wall post. These are again stolen from my friends. 
You actually have to pay for these, but some people feel they are worth it <3
The last one is mine lol and its free. Pls don't ask why I have a ballon floating on top of me. I really do not know was I wasn't the creator of the avatar. 


So...This is my introduction to Cyworld! Its so much more stuff, but I'm pretty sure google would provide a better source. But if you do have questions, just ask! 

2 comments:

  1. Ohhhhh, I've seen this. I didn't know you had to pay for it though, wow. Sooo, in your opinion, which one's better? FB or cyworld?

    ReplyDelete
  2. FB for sure lol. More convenient, less effort. Cyworld prettier, but less convenient

    ReplyDelete