Pages

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Korean Dramas and sitcoms



I'll like to introduce Korean things ^.^


First, I'm gonna talk about Korean and American's TV dramas and sitcoms.
(I'm gonna compare Korean TV dramas, sitcoms with American's)
I've already watched some of American dramas and sitcoms - Prison Break, Heroes, Desperate Housewives, The Big Bang Theory, Friends
As a Korean , I've been watching tons of Korean dramas and sitcoms.



Most popular Korean TV dramas are telecast at twice a week and 70~75 minutes on each episode.
Sitcoms are broadcast every weekdays for 30 minutes.
It's more often and longer than American's.
So sometimes whenever I watch American dramas and sitcoms ,I feel it's too short and It's so hard to wait till next episode
About Korean sitcoms, It's really good that you could watch it almost everyday. (Ruthless high kick - every episode is really fun)








- this is picture of 'Ruthless high kick' . they are one big family who live together in that picture
It is the only seasonal sitcom and it was really popluar in Korea It displayed average viewer ratings of about 20 percent.




American drama is more various and spectacle than Korean's
Materials , subjects, CG vary greatly in American TV dramas .
That made me surprised firtst time that I watched Prison Break and Heroes !

But in Korea these days some of producers are trying to add more variety.









- this is 'Iris' and It was lately sucessful action drama in Korea




Most of Korean TV dramas are not seasonal like American's
Friends consists of 10 seasons that It took really long ~ time to watch all 10 seasons
And even though seasonal drama is made, mostly season 2 is not that interesting in Korea
'Iris' was also seasonal drama . season 1 was really successful and the viewer rating was up to 40%
but next one was slightly ruined .

8 comments:

  1. lol, I personally like funny dramas more. Yeah, its kind of sad how long it takes to wait for the next episode for American dramas. And, a sometimes, they discontinue presenting us with dramas! Personally, I like both, I can't say which one is better. But, I do love Korean shows more. Shows as in like Two day One night or infinity challenge. They are really really funny <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 1st one I watched was My name is Kim Sam Soon
    and I just finished King Baker Kim Tak Gu (or something like that)
    Those are the only 2 I've watched (All the episodes) ever... I don't consider myself a Drama-Freak... but I want to get some more, it helps to practice Korean... Any recommendations? I like Funny ones as well :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol, I actually watched a bit of the King Baker.. It was kind of fun then I got to go to university so I stopped. Watch 못말리는 결혼, funny stuff. I like 시크릿 가든. Secret Garden It made me cry and laugh and cry. btw Koreans cry 으헝헝헝헝헝

    ReplyDelete
  4. well , I didn't watch King Baker Kim Tak Gu and I watched some of My name is Kim Sam Soon . but it was really popular in Korea . Both of them are sucessful dramas !
    And I watched Secret Garden,kind of fantasy thing,I wanna recommand you to watch it ^^
    그들이 사는 세상(World that they live - maybe) is good drama, too. people called that drama masterpiece.
    Coffee Prince is also funny one. I've watched that drama twice . I love this drama.

    ReplyDelete
  5. well , I didn't watch King Baker Kim Tak Gu and I watched some of My name is Kim Sam Soon . but it was really popular in Korea . Both of them are sucessful dramas !
    And I watched Secret Garden,kind of fantasy thing,I wanna recommand you to watch it ^^
    그들이 사는 세상(World that they live - maybe) is good drama, too. people called that drama masterpiece.
    Coffee Prince is also funny one. I've watched that drama twice . I love this drama.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yea, someone told me something about Coffee O_O I didn't know the name... I will get it soon ;)

    Saturday I got "Boys over flowers"...it's kinda funny... I can see why so many girls fall for those Korean Guys hehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol I'm a guy and I fell for Korean RICH guys after watching that lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. lmao
    by any chance do you know any Korean Rich Handsome 20something year old guy you can introduce me to? :D

    ReplyDelete