Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Korean Habit No.1> Egg Cracking!

I ate some boiled eggs today. Yummy. I cracked an egg on the table. While I ate my first egg, I realized how my uncle used to crack his egg on my head -.- Then I realized how a lot of Koreans use their heads to crack their eggs.

So, with my second egg. I used my head... Egg vs My Head....I felt so much pain! Omg... what is wrong with these eggs. It wouldn't break... I started wondering if eggs evolved to become so hard because my soft head back then was able to break it and I cannot now. As I was about to give up, I tried it once more. And I was like screw this. Its either I win or the egg does. So I banged the egg on my head so hard that it cracked ! But, at the same time I was in pain.... Never going to do this again.

Why do Koreans do this??? Even as a Korean I have no idea, but it is a quite common thing in Korea. I think 70% of Koreans do this? Even in movies or tv a lot of people crack eggs with their head. Is this just a Korean thing or does other countries do this as well??? This is a quite interesting topic, and I couldn't research it in google hehe I mean who would google "Why do Koreans crack eggs with their head?".. Well... I mean that person probably seriously doesn't have a life.. Oh wait its me .. damn it.

Anyways this is my first series of Korean Habits! I'll post more after I become enlightened on which are Korean and those are not :)

6 comments:

  1. LOL
    I never heard of this before O_O

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol! Don't your country ppl do it??? D:

    ReplyDelete
  3. I googled it. XD Simply because every Korean drama seems to have a scene with eggs cracked against someone's head. And I keep forgetting to ask someone who would be able to answer, so I just googled it. XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. omfg haha you actually googled it hahaha Yeah, its not just Korean dramas that have it lol Its like our everyday life. We use our heads to crack eggs lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quite a painful way of cracking eggs I think. XD XD
    Shall not attempt.

    ReplyDelete