Pages

Thursday, July 17, 2014

hated this book.;

Today's post would be pretty negative. I've speed read this book for five hours, and I'm finally done. I'm not going to mention its name, but its basically about how globalization ruins people's lives. The kid I tutor told me to read it. I was reluctant to read because I am already occupied with a very interesting book. I ended up reading it because maybe I would understand the kid better. In the end, I just realized how dumb the book was. It actually angered me a bit. Basically its about how a close aboriginal society get exposed to the modern world, and the globalization destroys the lives of these people. The beginning of the book was just idealizing the culture. Then the latter half of the book was a lot of complaining of the western society. I kind of find it funny how the Western education was undermined, saying it was not applicable to the real world. Not really. A lot of concepts are applicable if you are smart. The book also neglect the idea of comparative advantage. Lastly, I don't see anything wrong with change. 



No comments:

Post a Comment