Pages

Friday, September 20, 2013

What if a girl pays your food?

In Korea its rude for women to pay for men's food on the first date. Apparently, Korean men would get offended. This isn't something to be fussy about.  My friend argued how can you expect a person to understand anything from the first meeting? I argued if he isn't going to bother understanding at the beginning, he probably won't bother. I got bullied a lot in Korea because people judged a person based on their first impression. Didn't bother to look twice.[Well, took me forever to climb to high school popularity ladder] So, I thought if a guy won't understand a girl for  paying for his food on the first date, it won't work in the long run. I don't even understand what the issue is. If a girl can pay for something, you should be thankful, not fussy about who is superior. Apparently it hurts Korean men's pride. Its dumb. People should really screw pride. People do a lot of dumb things for pride. AKA send his kid to an engineering school without actually preparing the kid to be an engineer. Anyways, I'm not saying women should pay for men. I'm saying there is nothing wrong with women paying for men on the first date. You have to see it in a different view point.

You have to stop seeing,
- A women paying for a men on their first date

But,
- A human being paying for a human being on their first date

I wonder if anyone would see the world the way as I do. Another rant is about racism, sexism. I call myself racist and sexist. Wait... I'm not done yet. The problem is that my standards for calling someone racist is very low. I feel like the labeling of Asian/African American/White/Hispanic is very racist. Is this really necessary? Grouping human into groups? Why do we even need classification when we are the same? Lets say nationally matters but why race? Why do these labels still exist? So to me anyone who uses these labels is racist. So basically a lot of people would be racist in my eyes. Same goes with sexism. Having this label called Women/Men/Female/Male is all sexist. Everyone should be labeled into one group. Everyone should be grouped into a singular group. I don't know... this is how I see the world.

Another thing is that there are Korean/Other people who would date people for "experience". Thats like messed up as hell. The problem is you don't go up to your significant other and tell them you're dating as an experience. You don't care what the other person is thinking and just date. What happens if the other person has different expectations? It doesn't matter right? People keep telling me I should just date knowing that I could hurt someone. Thats messed up. How can I do that when I know what it feels like. Plus, I have to live with the guilt. It will haunt me every fucking time I get drunk.  I already live with the guilt for not being good enough for my parent. Well, I'm a lot better than a lot of kids but I'm not that great academically.

I don't know... I'm doing this my way. Yeah I know I'm pessimistic as hell but I know how things work.



Thanks ND.

4 comments:

  1. If more people thought like you, the World would be a better place!
    Though I must say, I don't agree with the part on racism so much. IMO, when you call someone Asian/ European/ African/ etc... you aren't calling their race but their continent of origin. Where it gets bad is when you go with the black/ white/ yellow/ green/ brown. People are not colors and who decided what "color" was better than the rest?

    And as for the issue of paying, I am not Korean but the image I get of Korean women is that they like to appear cute, or to be taken care of by their man (correct me if I'm wrong). So couldn't it be in a sense what the men think they are doing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I'm just a dumb idealist. I think there is a clear difference from calling someone where are they from and what race they are. My race could be Korean but I could be from Africa. If I go to the airport and I have to label myself I would have to put myself as "Asian" not "African" since they ask for ethnicity. Yeah but you're right though, the real problem is when you decide which color is better than the rest D: I just feel like if we never had categorization based on race, its hard to think one race is better than another. But, I am being hypocritical with this. I have Korean pride so it tends to lead me think Koreans are sometimes better than others. Well, it doesn't mean I treat other people who aren't Korean any worst. Well, I probably treat others even better.

      You're right about the men paying for women though. But, I just think its not a big deal.

      Delete
  2. I guess I'll have a hard time in Korea, I like to pay for my things lol and I have no problem with pasying for someone else, if I can afford it, why not?

    I met a girl in Japan who was all about dating for the "experience", she is European but was willing to date any Japanese/Korean just because they were asians.. I don't get it, it's not a matter of "I like someone because of their looks" but a matter of I-have-this-crazy-obsesion-with-asians...

    Anyway, here in korea I've been asked if I'm from this and that country, so far, no one has asked if I'm Mexican, apparently I look "exotic" in here lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, I've had enough of México and although Seoul is no Perfect, this seems like a good place to live for a while, maybe after some time I'll want to move out again.

      Delete