Pages

Friday, September 6, 2013

Skate Boarding In Korea

The skateboarding scene was pretty dull back in the days. Korea is full of hills. The streets are too small and full of people. Not a pleasant place to skateboard/long board/penny board. Then everything changed.

Idols started skateboarding. Social Networking successfully advertised its products.

Now, Korea has quite a handful of skateboarders. Even my apartment has a few skateboarders. We lack real skateboarders like in the states but its a start. Even girls skateboard. Well, its more to look cool because girls can't afford to get scratched in Korea. Looks are everything in Korea. Getting a scar would be devastating. I mean a lot of people would freak out if they broke something. For Korean guys its a bit different. I broke my jaw, my friend broke his ribs, it wasn't too bad. It was pretty funny how, ever now and then my friend would start bleeding because he moved too much and broke skin. Well, to be honest, I don't care too much about myself so its not that big of a deal.

I did stop skateboarding after I got back to Korea though. Reason? I have the bus and the subway, I don't need a skateboard to get to places. I don't know, my parents were too scared that I'll get killed if I owned a car. Its kind of why I got a skateboard. It was fun.

Well, thats the current status of skateboarding from my perspective. I'm probably bias unintentionally.

As for myself, life was decent. My skin problems are still bad but it got a lot better. The doctor was amazed. His expression was more like "WTF am I this good?".... Well, I did have good skin so I guess that has something to do with it. Whatever. Dancing classes are pretty fun. I still suck but its really great fun. Nothing else happening at the moment.


Just a random picture in Seoul.





2 comments:

  1. lol "WTF, Am I this good?"
    What kind of dance are you learning?
    I've always wanted a skateboard but never got one, I have no coordination and I think that would be a problem, but true that, I've seen lots of people here with tiny little skateboards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying hip hop. Not really good at it though. Just trying it for fun I guess. Those little skateboards are called penny boards. Since we don't have that many skateboard parks penny and long boards are more appropriate.

      Delete