Pages

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Just a random outing, quick visit to hong dae

Just a random outing. I heard there were discounts on clothes near hongdae so I went out. My hunt for new clothes were unfruitful since another company over taken that stores lol. It was tiring but I just took some photos while I was on the way. 

These nice looking apartment aren't for rich people in Korea. Its actually for people who are worst off.  They are sponsored by the government. These houses are located near gangnam. Apparently a lot of the local gangnam people were against such apartment. I mean having more of these apartments called "happiness apartment" lowers the apartment prices in Korea. Think about it, all those people who worked hard to get into gangnam vs people who were lucky to get happiness apartments. The opposition isn't that great on this side of seoul... In some area.. the opposition is so great that they had to stop the building of the apartments. 

My opinions? I really don't know what to say. I mean I think providing housing for those who don't have enough is a great idea. However, I think its kind of dumb to locate it in the most competitive area of Korea... I mean the kids would feel discriminated when the go to school and etc. Think about it. Most of the kids in gangnam can afford expensive tuitionThe people from happiness apartments can barely get what gangnam kids can have. I'm ambivalent about gangnam people's spending. I mean it doesn't seem they are extravagant, except for education. Education for sure they spend a lot. So, I'm really not sure...  I think there should have been more planning. They should have focused more on the welfare of the children by building such apartment. 



This was just a advertisement located at the subway. "King Box" "Happy family time with King Box." Its quite ironic because its rare for Koreans to have family meals with family in a fast food restaurant. Its more like a place where friends hang out. Fast food is meaningless because most Koreans eat at convenient stores or just order food that would come to your doorsteps. 

Another reason I took this photo is because its weird how fast food restaurants are perceived in different countries. In America, McD is a place for cheap food. In Korea, McD is a place for in between cheap and decent food. In Malaysia, McD is a place for decent food, far from cheap. 

What do I want to say? Basically life is weird. The life you live may be someone's dream. Your dream could be someone else's life. Get it? Its something like inception. 


Plastic surgery. I've seen a lot of foreigners talk about how dumb it is for someone to do plastic surgery. I'm not for or against it. I prefer people not to do plastic surgery when they look average. For sure, people treat people who are not as appealing, not that great. So, I think its not completely an individual's fault for doing plastic surgery. Its partially because its how humans are, even myself.


I guess just a bit on where I was going. I was going to hong hae to buy clothes which were discounted, but failed. Anyways let me elaborate on hongdea. There are two major clubbing areas in Korea. One is in gangnam and another is hongdae. Gangnam is a bit more pricy than hongdae and as most of you clubbers know, the price does matter. Its a melting pot for art and music. So many underground artists and musicians have fallen. Decent place to find cute cafes and food stores. Very populated with young people. 

Well... except me. I'm not really into this stuff so I rarely go there. I just prefer cheap old people food. Its not about the appearance but the taste. lol. 


Oh just a heart. Sorry not really in the mood for giving detailed explanations. Idk just a combination of laziness lol. 


Oh I actually found a way to relax. Well more like forced to lol. The doctor told me if I don't sleep my skin would get worst so I'm forced to sleep at a certain time. So its a good thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment