Pages

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Winter Korea 2011

Although I was sick for most of my break I did have a couple of trip to the outside world of Korea. Well, for me it was more like exploring where I live. My parents moved back to Korea from Malaysia while I was in college in US. So, I haven't been home in Korea for a year -.-.

Apparently I'm living in Seoul again. And close to a lot of hotspots in Korea. However, I was more amazed how much infrastructure it had. It was very livable, meaning if I were to raise a family there, I wouldn't mind. It had a mountain, park, stream and it was relatively close to E-mart, and another big supermarket. The only problem I had was that I didn't like the restaurants there. The restaurants there were very expensive. It was more for adults with jobs. So, getting cheap tasty food was impossible. I guess, this summer I'll be going over to my old neighborhood to find cheap food even if its going to cost me 2,000 won round trip for the subway. 

So, here are few photos I took in Korea!

First, I ate 추어탕. Its a traditional Korean food where you eat mud loach. Pretty disgusting eh? Well, its not too bad. We grind the mud loach so we really don't feel the texture of it. As a Korean, mud loach are pretty common. When I was little we used to go in the water to catch few even though the water was disgusting lol! It was still fun because mud loaches are slippery and they escape as you catch them. Its one thing you should try in Korea. 





I've also went up the mountain near my house. It wasn't amazing. It was just nice that there was somewhere to visit if I'm really bored. The picture below is a stone temple? Something we Koreans do. We like to stack rocks! Actually, its for good luck. We wish good fortune and stack rocks. I'm not sure of the origins, but if your really curious, you can always ask me and I'll go research. But, as you can see we Koreans are very superstitious. I'm Catholic and I still do this.


The mountain was pretty dead. It was winter. Oh, no smoking in the mountain. Korea's winter is very very dry.


I was amazed how many play ground I saw. I think I saw like 2~3 on the way back to my house. Korea didn't used to have this many playgrounds. It felt nice seeing these. Kind of showed Korea is getting better for people to live in. 


That's the fat me! I was walking in the cold exploring the stream. Its really nice. I loved it. Only if I had a bike now... I would have been more fun! Can't wait to workout during summer!


Ok, I fainted when I saw ducks in the stream. And yes, with their ducklings... You don't usually see this in the city -.- As I said that to my sister, I saw a crane fly over to the stream... I'm amazed. I think I should go feed them next time. If they survived the winter lol!







Just a picture of the park, on the way to Emart. I thought it was pretty. Despite the traffic on the right, it was pretty nice. I mean it wasn't that loud and I live in a place where every freaking bus passes through. So, I guess its something I can't avoid being surrounded by cars. :)



Well, now I know where I live. I actually can remember how to get there hehe. Its still a bit awkward. But, I'll get used to it by this summer. Hopefully, I'll get to see more places this summer. 
I really want to travel to the rural parts of Korea and especially the ocean :)

I'm currently saving up for a new camera TeeHee! 
dslr ftw. 

2 comments:

  1. you know..i really admired korea...because of this, point a view..food..and so on..it's beautiful...and what the name of this place? i mean, what is the name of the area where you live?that place is good...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi anonymous!
      I really can't say where I live XD Because your anonymous and I don't want people to know too much about me.

      However, I'll let you know that its in Seoul. And a lot of places I used to live in Seoul has a park and mountain next to them. I think the best park was the hangang park. Basically they made a huge park along the han river. Its great for walking and riding your bike! The Korean gov't also built a huge park in shin chon. I haven't been there yet but I heard it was pretty nice too!

      I didn't go this time since it was too cold, but I'll update some pictures this summer :) So check out my blog back then XD

      Delete