Pages

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Are you an naengmyeon addict?

I didn't realize until noodle(its a name of a person lol!) told me she didn't like naengmyeon that it was a unique food in Korea. Its hard to love it because its cold noodles. I mean who likes their noodle cold? ..... Me.... I love cold noodles. I haven't tried a lot of cold noodles but I absolutely love naengmyeon and soba. Naengmyeon is especially cold. We have ice cubes floating around the noodle. The reason I love them is because my body feels hot, I want something cold to go in. Plus I hate hot food, they burn my tongue.

So, as a naengmyeon addict I only ate naengmeyon for a week lol. Guess what happened? I got a stomachache  D: I couldn't eat it for a week or so. Of course I started eating naengmeyon at a reduced rate when my stomach got better. Also, as a naengmyeon I search for naengmyeon in the winter, which I did last winter. It was delicious! Lastly, I try to find the best naengmyeon place in the country. I've found two in Malaysia and on really amazing one in Korea(its harder because you want to find the BEST naengmyeon place). Unfortunately I haven't found one in the US. I don't have a car -.-

Why am I babbling about naengmyeon?... I want so right now...!


6 comments:

  1. I haven’t eaten a naengmyeon, only toppoki, ramyeon, and two of my favorite Korean foods bulgogi and bibimbap. There are lots of Korean restaurants in Manila even inside our campus. I’ll try to find naengmyeon, if it’s available I’ll buy and tell you what’s the taste for me. ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol! Hope its not too bad and it will be very interesting to know what it would taste like to foreigners!

      Will wait on your response!

      Delete
  2. I've tried them, but I like spicy/hot food the better :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to love the spicy one. I'll always get the spicy one when i was little. But one day I tried the one with the broth and then I fell in love.

      Delete
  3. Mind to tell the location for good gold noodle in Malaysia?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol! Your very lucky I lived in Malaysia -.-

      you should get some in 궁전 near KLCC or 봉가 in Monkiara.
      Its pretty expensive though, it costs around RM30 if I remember correctly.

      Link for 봉가
      http://food.malaysiamostwanted.com/venues/bonga-korean-restaurant

      Link for 궁전
      http://www.foodstreet.com.my/food-street/bpage.s?by=Kung+Jung+Korean+And+Japanese+Restaurant&bid=150

      Just as a note, 궁전 is THE BEST Korean restaurant in Malaysia. 궁전 has the best quality of service and food. Its owned by a old lady and two daughters. The younger daughter manages the restaurant. The old lady cooks some of the Korean food along with the workers, despite she is the owner. 냉면 is pretty decent I'll say. Its quite fruity.

      봉가 is only 3 years old I believe. They are known for their ice noodles. The difference is that is a bit cheaper than 궁전. Their ice noodles are really good. It has strong meat broth in it.

      Hope you enjoy the experience! It could be hard to become an addict at first but you'll soon realize that you NEED ice noodles!

      Delete