Koreans love to doodle.
Many of you English teachers would have seen Korean students draw. I'll say almost all girls doodle during lectures and many guys too. I would say its a national habit in Korea. This probably contributes to the reason that Koreans are pretty good with drawing. A reason why a lot of animation companies use Korean studios for outsourcing.
Koreans crack eggs with their head.
Koreans crack boiled eggs with their heads instead of using the table or a spoon. I've seen it in Korean dramas, Korean jim jil bang (찜질방), and I even grew up cracking eggs with my head. I still have trouble finding the source of this behavior and trust me I believe no other countries does this. Maybe it came from Humpty Dumpty, but I would hardly believe that Humpty Dumpty existed in Korea back in 1950s.
Koreans girls cover their mouth when they laugh
Don't ask why. I already have trouble meeting Korean girls. The only assumption I have is that it is something similar to covering your hand when you yawn. You don't want people to see your insides of your mouth.
Koreans love to do the V finger when they take photos
Its true. I do it all the time. It feels like ice cream cone without the ice cream if you don't do the Vs when you take photos. Even my grandmother who is around 70 years old does the Vs. I guess it became part of being Korean. -.-V
Koreans like to walk a night
If you live in Korea, you'll see a lot of Koreans walking in the parks near by. Its to relieve stress, digest your food and stay healthy. Its like going to the gym but Korean just go to the parks instead.
There probably are more Korean behaviors or habits, but I can't find them all. As a Korean it will probably take me more time to identify them, than a foreigner. However, I do find it enjoyable finding these habits and pleasures. I hope I am not the only one who find it interesting to recognize these habits!


The V finger gesture in front of the camera normally suggests Peace in a global context. I am not sure what it suggests in the Korean Context.
ReplyDeletelol, its probably the same, except Koreans do it all the time hahaha It feels weird without it when you take a photo!
DeleteHAHA so interesting thanks to this :D
ReplyDeleteI'm a Filipina, I see many Koreans here especially in my school.
and they are really shy.. although many filipino's wants to befriend with them :)
LOL They are so not shy once you get to know them! Korean girls are well know for being loud at my school :3
DeleteThe V sign mean peace & victory...i searched a lot about that...i tried once doing this V & i feel happy i don't know why!!
ReplyDeletethanks a lot for this blog
Are all Korean girls as shy and innocent as I'm lead to believe? It just seems from what I've watched on YouTube and read on the internet that they are. Just wondering if they really are as shy and introverted as everyone says. I have only met one or two and they didn't talk much. Just didn't know if they feel uncomfortable in social situations.
ReplyDeletelol I think not. Because a lot of Korean girls are not shy. Its just that they don't speak english that well haha. But some girls are shy :)
DeleteA good article indeed.
ReplyDeleteThis makes me super excited to go to Seoul. One more month. haha:)
haha don't expect too much tho because big expectations always result in disappointment
DeleteWell, that could be a problem :( but still i'm excited. Hope Koreans are accommodating and nice to foreigners.
Deletelol what are you going to there? Don't worry, Asians are educated to be nice to foreigners (except Japanese) from when they are little. hahaha. Just compliment a lot about Korean culture. You'll fit in right away
DeleteJust a vacation for a week!:) Well if Koreans are really nice and I enjoyed staying there, may be I can stay there for good. lol
DeleteIf you do ever get to stay there for good. Be my friend haha I'm a cocky, perverted, funny guy with a great heart lol!
DeleteWe can travel together because I haven't been to many places in Korea!
Hahaha. I just go for funny guy with a great heart. lol:))
DeleteSo you were not born in Korea?
What I mean is, why you haven't explored South Korea?
DeleteWell, I haven't explored my country too.:p
I have lived 1/3 in America, 1/3 in Malaysia, 1/3 in Korea. Most of the 1/3 in Korea was when I was little. I've only lived 2 years really in Korea. So if you do decide to live in Korea. We should travel together.
DeleteAre you in Korea right now? Sure, we can be travel buddies. Be my tour guide. Hahaha:)
DeleteLol not now! I mean if you decide to live there. Im ganna stay in korea starting next year.
DeleteHaha. I'll be there next month but just for a vacation:)
DeleteHmm, if I'm going to live there I need to look for a job there first!! I can't be just someone who will travel around unless my job will be a tour guide. lol
lolol I didn't expect that.
DeleteWell if you decide to get a job in Korea.
Lets travel whenever your free. I'm going to be free like everyday since I'm just playing for a year before the military lol.
If you do live in Korea. I kind of want someone to help me manage this blog while I'm gone lol
I'm gonna be your co-blogger? haha. Seems you're now popular online. lol
DeleteWhen are you going to military? Good luck!
Wishing I could stay there for a long time. haha