Thursday, July 19, 2012
Librarian Girl
Currently, I'm working in a small public library. This is the place I met the librarian girl. I can't say if she is happy or sad. I can't read her emotional state. I did talk to her couple of days ago. She is from a famous Korean girls-only university in Seoul, live in the same apartment as I live and is the same age. She is different from what I am. She only lived in this neighborhood and never moved out. Whereas I don't have a place called a hometown. I've asked what its like to live in one place. She told me her friends from elementary school were in middle school and friends from middle school went to the same high school. I wonder how much my life would have differed if I only stayed in America or in Korea. I guess America was opposite of lonely. Although my parents didn't speak english that well at the time, I had friends in school and in my neighborhood. It was awkward when I was in sunday schools because I didn't know anyone but it wasn't too bad. Back then, I recieved a lot of kisses and gave a lot as well. In Korea, I was bullied for a while. But, I had friends. Again a lot of girls. But, Korean girls scared me so I hanged out mostly with guys. I was in a gang. But, after we went to Malaysia, we all lost contact. I guess my life would be completely different from what I have now. Anyways back to reality. The girl told me she did an exchange program at America. It was nice that I could have a conversation with her. We could agree on things. I kind of like globalization of Korea. During my earlier years of school, Koreans didn't understand what I've experienced. They refered me as a foreigner even though I've always been Korean and my English isn't native level. I couldn't hangout with other Koreans because we had cultural differences. Now, more people experienced what I have experienced, making it easier for me. Meeting new people is interesting. Ha she told me I giggle when I'm chatting online with friends. I guess thats one of the things I enjoy in life.
Labels:
People I Meet,
Strangers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Olleri kkoleri!~
ReplyDeleteOlleri kkoleri!~
Hahahaha. Kkkkk
-.- seriously I'm very jealous of you south east asians. Give me your positivity ty.
DeleteKkkkkk.. Hyung, there are several things to be happy of! Friends do come and go, but I can be your friend, yongwonhi! :)
Deletelol, for me friends come and disappear. I move around too much. Right now I only have like 3 real friends and I don't have any of them next to me. All my friends are becoming cyber friends... Thanks but, you don't know me and what I'm like in real life. lol
DeleteHaha.. I've read your blog for quite a while now.. And your personality is quite interesting hyung! I do have Korean friends, and they are nice too! I guess Koreans are in general, nice. :)
Delete