Pages

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Batman Rises

I really hate serious movies. I only watch funny ones that can give me laughs. Its the reason I've never watched the batman series. The first batman movie just bored me. It was too dark and serious. Then I tried the second movie, it was the same. However, I finally finished the first two movies just yesterday because my friends wanted to watch the third movie. I had to force myself to bare through the first movie. As expected, I never got any laughs from the movie. However, after watching the first movie, I was able to finish the second and enjoy the third movie. I'm starting to realize how interesting each character is.

Both hero and villain have both horrible pasts. Batman and Robin had both of their parents killed. Cat women, I'm not sure of, has a dark past as well. Joker, the scarecrow and etc also have miserable pasts. It really shows how important parents' role play in a child's growth. Also it really shows how all of them could have been helped. Only if someone had helped them or gave them a hand, they would have turned out to be totally different people. Among the villains, Joker seems to really interest me. He represents the traditional joker in middle ages, where jokers would entertain the king whether they are happy or sad. He also represent the modern day people who have to smile or laugh to hide their sadness. People have different reasons for being jokers, but for sure their life is miserable. I wonder whats the cure to fix these kind of people.

Another interesting thing was hero and villain both wanted death. They didn't fear death. Actually, I could say they wanted to die. I guess death is something peaceful to those who don't see the meaning of life or is miserable. However, nobody wanted to suicide. Instead, the villains wanted someone meaningful to kill them. They wanted someone to do it for them. As for the hero, he wanted to die saving the world. Overall, I guess both hero and villains didn't value their life or saw their life meaningful.

The movie really did mean a lot to me. It kind of helped me think about myself. I didn't enjoy it, but it was definitely worth it. 

1 comment:

  1. I think that they really don't want to die. I mean, I think that they are ready to die. If you get what I mean.

    ReplyDelete