Pages

Monday, January 13, 2014

Caring about what other thinks & Koreans diss too much

I'm pretty sure many of you have heard the quote "Be yourself." I think its a saying that simplifies too much. I may be over-analyzing but, its something I want to take note of. Being yourself is important. I agree. I also encourage a lot of people to be themselves because I went through a lot of pain in changing myself. However, I can't say the change was bad or good.

The change was necessary. I needed to change myself to fit in. Just because you were the new kid in America doesn't mean it helps in fitting in Korea. Its a completely different thing, especially when you really want to meet people. If you want to be alone, it kind of doesn't matter, I guess. You're not bridging any personal spheres of influence. That was a bit out of topic but, anyways if you was yourself and didn't want any change, you won't be able to fit in. The cultures are too different. Change just helps you get along with everyone.

Being yourself is also important. If you keep changing to fit in, you just loose yourself. You don't become the person you want to be, but you becomes this monster that you don't like. Thus, you just hate yourself. Its really dumb.

Thus, there has to be some moderation between being yourself and caring about what others think. I usually don't care what other people thinks unless they are people who are special to me. Sorry for the disorganized sentences. Going to the bank but I had some spare time and wanted to spam my thoughts in here.

Another topic of interest. Dear Koreans, we really need to stop back stabbing each other. This is a big problem because a lot of Koreans I meet keep talking crap about each other. Seriously we need to stop. We're just spitting on our own faces. Foreigners have their own issues. Its just that most of us didn't go deeper...Its like when my parents lived in Norway. They thought Norway was perfect until they lived there. lol. Like any other country it had problems. For example, my mom was taking the subway and someone started jerking off in front of everyone. ^^. Its really not something most people would expect.



No comments:

Post a Comment