I went to Gyeonju this summer break. It took us 4 hours just to get there, but it was worth it. During our train ride, we saw a lot of farm land, the rural parts of Korea. It looked pretty amazing because of mountain covering the village and farmland. But, it got a bit boring after a while because, even in different regions they had pretty much the same views >.<
We finally reached the Gyeonju station. I was very happy that I made it alive. The weather was nice. It was really cool, well almost cold.I saw an onion and potato truck. I thought it was interesting. A kid next to me on the bus was laughing at me for taking pictures of weird stuff though. :(
So first stop was inside a grave. I'm not going to be detailed about Gyeonju because wikipedia gives a very good description of Gyeongju. I'm just going to explain what I have experienced. So, in Gyeonju, there are very big graves. The graves are size of little hills that we would normally go up and roll down. I've got to go inside one of these graves. Of course I saw a dead body as well as his belongings. It was pretty cool. It was even cooler to watch people speaking different languages explaining the history of this grave. A lot of foreign tourists.
On the way out, we went through a forest of pine trees. None of them were straight. (its a joke)
So, more graves. One day I'll be cursed for attempting to roll down the grave. I mean its like the perfect hill! Just a side note, in old days, the larger the hill, I mean grave, was the more important the person was.
I saw the tower where our old Koreans used to look at stars. Actually its not as big as you think it is. Apparently Koreans were very short in the past.
Gyeongju has really nice flowers. This was only few parts of Gyeongju. Flowers are everywhere. So I guess I'll advise you to visit Gyeongju in the summer.
I was good enough to take a picture of a frog real close.
Pretty romantic.
This place is where kings played with girls and drank their rice wines. Its really pretty.
Soondobu soup is really famous in Gyeonju. Its a must have there. I got mine and it was really delicious. Yumm!
Bulgoksa is really well built. I've been here before but every time I go back, it still amaze me.
This bell has a myth. Basically, to make a nice sound, monks had to sacrifice a child by throwing it in hot iron . It problem doesn't make sense but its the story told.
If your visiting Korea and want to see the historical parts of Korea. I'll say go to Gyeongju. Its really the best tourist attraction in Korea. Everything is laid out so perfectly that you can't get lost. Even a lot of Koreans visit Gyeongju for school trips and dates.
Hyung, that is a very very very good place!
ReplyDeleteI would like to visit that place in case I go to Korea. What I love most about Korea and Koreans, is even though we live in a very modernized world, Koreans do preserve what they have in their past.. Unlike in our country, in which the cultural structures and practices are slowly diminished, which is a very sad thing to see.
haha but Koreans are very jealous of south east asia's nature. Its so cheap there as well. When are you planning to visit Korea?
DeleteUhhhhhhhh I think maybe next year, because I need to work very hard first! ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
DeleteVery jealous of Southeast Asia's nature? In what degree? Which part of nature? Well, we might be gifted with good sceneries, but some are already destroyed - due to human ignorance. ㅠㅠ
well, Koreans would work their ass of earning money. They spend everything in South east asia lol!! Very jealous. Love the clean sea water.
Delete