1. Koreans don't steam their fish
In many Chinese restaurants, they steam their fish. Its delicious, especially with the sweet taste of soy sauce. However, Koreans usually never steam their fish. Yeah I know, pretty shocking, if you were Chinese reading this information. Koreans usually eat their fish in a stew or fried.
2. Koreans don't eat baby bamboo
I kind of can't believe we don't eat baby bamboo as Chinese and Japanese people do. I mean we can eat it but we don't usually have in our cuisine. And it was funny that both Chinese and Japanese people do eat them and Koreans don't. Think about it logically. Korea is in between China and Japan.
3. Koreans don't usually eat pork in think slices as Chinese
lol. Its kind of funny because I learned this the hard way. I'm Korean and I went to China town during the break. So...I saw pork belly <3 in China town. So, I asked the butcher to slice my pork... hahaha Basically he gave me 4 slices of huuuuuuuge pieces of pork. Definitely not for making pork belly strips. So, I ended up having to boil them. Still fresh pieces, it was just that I really don't cook Chinese... plus, I usually don't go for Chinese pork.... I prefer Chinese beef, fish, chicken, duck cuisine. I just like those better then pork.
4. Koreans don't have chilly buddy
We usually make something similar. Soy sauce + green onions + garlic + chili powder.
5. Korean hae sashimi doesn't come small portions
Usually, when you order Korean hae. You probably have to buy the whole fish. One fish is like 2-4 portion. I guess it has to do something with Koreans liking to share food? Personally, Koreans seem to share more food then any other culture. I met a lot of people from different parts of the world. I feel Koreans are the ones who offered me share their food most of the time.
6. Koreans don't have mild Ramen
We don't have mild Ramen.... Usually spicy.........
7. Koreans don't like to use their spoons
We get lazy using spoons. You probably noticed a lot of Koreans eating rice with their chopsticks lol
I can't really think of any more for now. But this was basic summary of things that usually Korean cuisines don't have. I really wish Korea had more steam fish. I mean its sooooooo good.
wow. i always thought chinese and koreans are somehow similar
ReplyDeleteHi Anonymous, Thanks for commenting! Chinese and Koreans are very similar in general lol. As a Korean, I really love Chinese food because it somewhat is similar to Korean food, especially since i live out side of Korea. Moreover, there are a lot of Chinese food that are in Korea lol Like sweet and sour chicken(we eat it really regularly, but somewhat different). I posted only differences because as I ate more Chinese food, I realized there was quite a difference lol and wondered why. But seriously, Koreans need to steam their fish!!!
ReplyDelete