I visited Gyeongbokgung Palace which is in Seoul.
Firstly, I’m gonna introduce this palace ^.^
In 1395, three years after the founding of the Joseon Dynasty by Yi Seong-gye, the new main palace, Gyeongbokgung Palace, was completed and the capital of the new dynasty was moved from Gaegyeong to Seoul(then known as Hanyang). The palace was named Gyeongbokgung, the "Palace Greatly Blessed by Heaven." The king lived here and conducted state affairs.
I firstly looked around relics of the Joseon Dynasty at National palace museum of Korea. After that, I ate a packed lunch prepared by my boyfriend XD . Then entered Gyeongbokgung Palace.
- This is me in front of the gate named Heungrye.
-This is Geunjeongjeon. Geunjeongjeon is the Throne Hall, where the king granted audiences to his officials, presided over large official functions and met foreign envoys. Geunjeongjeon is the largest and most formal hall in Gyeongbokgung. The two-tier edifice stands on a high platform reached by stone steps. There is a spacious courtyard in front, where important events were held and corridors enclose it.
- This is Sajeongjeon Hall. The official quarters were where the king handled state affairs and studied Chinese classics with his civil servants in normal times. The quarters were also where he threw parties for his relatives and ministers and supervised qualifying examinations for the civil service.
Gyeongbokgung has separate bedchambers for the king and the queen. Gangnyeongjeon Hall is the king's living quarters and Gyotaejeon Hall, entered through Yanguimun Gate behind the king's quarters, is for the queen. The king and the queen carried on their routine affairs in the living quarters. They threw occasional parties for their relatives as well. It does not mean that state affairs were not handled here. The king sometimes called his court officials to his living quarters to discuss national affairs.
- This is Gyoteajeon. I’m in front of it. I think my boyfriend is the worst photographer..T.T Anyways,In the Joseon Dynasty period, the queen had to live only in this palace. Only in two cases the queen could go out of the palace. When the queen die and when the queen is deposed.
-Gyeonghoeru pavilion, built on the pond west of Gangnyeongjeon, the king's living quarters, was where the king threw feasts for foreign envoys or his court officials. The name means that the king is capable of handling national affairs only when he has the right people around him, it was used on joyous occasions.
- Sujeongjeon is the site where in the past, the king Sejong’s time, was Jiphyunjeon. Hangul- Korean language which is designated as a UNESCO World Heritage property because of its excellence and scientific principle- was invented by the king Sejong and scholars.
-Every building's roof tile has these little animal statues. All of them are imaginary animals like gragon and Sonokong. People believed that these animals
protect from fire (In that time, most builings were made out of wood )
I introduced some of this palace. If you know more about Gyeongbokgung Palace, go http://www.royalpalace.go.kr/
My heart was fluttered because I was standing there where in the past normal people never could enter. I recommend Gyeongbokgung Palace to those who are interested in Korean history or structure :)
No comments:
Post a Comment