Pages

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Talesweaver & Children of the Rune



This is a game that I have sacrificed my first semester of my freshman to. It has a really good story plot, so you won't be too bored of hunting. It involves tedious amount of clicking in order to make your character stronger. I reached level 200 and my fingers hurt a lot. So, if your not a very found of clicking, then the game might not be for you. Still, I love the game. I did manage to play it for about 3 years. So, I am very attached to the game.
So, here I am advertising the game

http://tales.gamengame.com/


It is a interesting game as the game is based off a very deep fantasy novel. The book is called the "Children of the Rune" More info can be found in

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Children_of_the_Rune_(Korean_novel)

There are many versions available in the Asian market. Translated into Chinese and Japanese. I don't think it was translated to English just yet. I would highly recommend people to read these books as they are truly amazing.

I wasn't really good at reading in Korean as I never got a real Korean education. Plus, I was sort of a retard as I could not read until I was 3rd grade? I am not sure, but my sister was able to read earlier than I could.

Anyways, the book is based on a character called Boris. He is the second son of a rich powerful family of travaches. He has a very cool brother who loves Boris dearly. His family also has possession of the most powerful armor and weapon. However, their father's younger brother destroys Boris's family. Boris and his brother barely manages to escape with the armor and the sword. They are not immune to the poverty they are in. They have to struggle in order to survive. Boris's brother suicides as he is poisoned by a monster and soon he would become one. Boris is left alone and struggles to survive himself.

Well, the book is way more complicated and better than the short description
I gave. Moreover, you would ask why they had to run if they had the most powerful weapon and armor. The reason probably was that they wanted to keep the existence of these legendary equipment secret as their exposer would result in more people attempting to destroy the family. So, why does Boris throw the sword away and run? Well, he has an emotional attachment. As you can see his brother who was infected, killed himself in order to prevent himself from turning into a monster and do harm to Boris. Moreover, the sword was given to Boris as a gift from his brother.
Its quite random for me to write about this game, but I did owe them the song I am using for my background. So this promotion of the game and novel might work out as a redemption? hahhahaha

8 comments:

  1. This is my billionth time on your page because every time I load it, I hear the music, try to find the mute button, fail then click out and don't end up reading the post. Then I go through the same motion over and over again.

    LOL. Anyway, Children of the Rune? Is there an anime of that? Because I remember you recommended that I watch this anime thing before and it sort of looks like the picture that you have above.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL u don;t like the music!!! LOL HAHAHAAHA sorry ㅡㅡ

    I thought it was cool LOL

    There isn't any anime for the game. Still, they are animation characters. Probably familiar cause I used it for my msn display picture

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL omgosh you took it off! Don't take it off if you like it dude, I can just as easily mute my laptop.

    Oh, yeah, maybe it was there because it looks familiar. Maybe I'll check it out ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL I'm going change my background music :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Today a friend was talking about Tales Weaver O_o and I thought about this blog lol
    btw... Cute background!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yessssss, talesweaver is really fun actually, you should try playing it! its free!

    ReplyDelete
  7. FYI: I already published your guest post!

    ReplyDelete