This might sound weird to you but, I do have a quite of bunch of cyber friends, meaning that I have friends who I have never met before. I only met them indirectly through the internet and online games. Yes, I am pretty weird, but this is something that is quite common in Korea. A lot of people would have cyber friends.
How do you obtain a cyber friend?
For me, I am a quite hardcore gamer. So, in online games, I join clans and guilds. These people are the people who you would rely in the game for help or to exchange items. Hence, you get really close to them. Another way is to write blogs. Blogs are a more healthy way to find cyber friends but less interaction than online games
So, what do you do with a cyber friend?
Well, most of the time, I exchange ideas and thoughts about practically anything.
What are the advantages?
You definitely get the know more of their inside than outside, cause most of the time you never physically see who they are. Hence, its more about personalities that define whether he or she is a friend or not.
What are the disadvantages?
You really don't know who they are actually. They might be pretending to be a 13 year old boy or girl when they are 50. (there's nothing wrong with being 50, just pretending to be 13 is just... weirder.. than having cyber friends). He or "she" might be a rapist!
So, its important to find good cyber friends. I have few... that I have stayed contact with over a year. Well, the thing is we decide to play the same game after we finish one.
Psh, I know what you guys are thinking. ' this guy must have no friends in real life!'
Well.... I do! hahhahahahha
A short post before going back to my hw... since i haven't posted in ages!
wow. this guy must have no friends in real life...
ReplyDelete:P