Pages

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Korean Street Food

Once a co- worker asked about Korean street food and I'm really hungry for some Korean street food. Hence, I wanted to blog about Korean street food.

Korean street food is quite widely available. A lot of people enjoy eating Korean street food. The most well known Korean street food is called 포장마차 pojang macha I can't really directly translate it, but its something like a restaurant on wheels.However, the food stall doesn't really have wheels, well most of them but some do. The reason is that they can travel to different places to look for people. So instead of people looking for the food stall, they go to the people.

They serve various type of Korean dishes that are relatively cheap. We have odeng, which are Japanese oden. I guess the colonization did influence more than we thing. These are really cheap. Only 500 won, which is 50 cents in the USD. The soup for the odeng is served in a cup and is free. Then there is spicy ricecakes! One portion of the spicy rice cake costs 2000won which is around 2 USD. Yes, its dirt cheap. It is spicy and sweet. So if your a spicy food lover, its definitely recommended. One of my favorite is called soon dae. Its pig intestines, liver and lungs. Well, a lot of people think its disgusting, but they are pretty good! Its only 2.5USD. They also have kim bab. Most foreigners know them as Korean sushi, but unlike sushi it has more vegetable/pork/beef. I am not sure about the price but probably 1~2 dollars. Lastly, there is chicken on a stick! Yes they put chicken pieces on a stick and cook it! Tastes wonderful. Some places have different flavors. They have the extremely spicy one that killed my tongue few years back...

Yes, compared to the U.S. its really cheap. Sometimes I wonder if American poor people go to Korea, they can afford their food at least.

But, I don't really go to pojang macha for the food, but the feeling you get when you eat a warm food in a somewhat cozy pojangmacha, to keep youself warm. Also, its a great place to get a snack!

Its funny lol At the end he says what I said on the blog ㅡㅡhahhahaha



Just Another Video!


6 comments:

  1. kill the music on the site! every time I visit, I get confused, then remember and quick find my mute button, so then I can't hear my own music, either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL sure thing ㅡㅡi'm getting tired of this song as well :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loooooved the food!!!!
    btw.. I got an e.via cd :)
    2 bad we didn't get to see you

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pictures are not mines since its been quite a while since i visited Korea. I used images from google :P

    hahaha I'm very happy you liked the Korean food there. I too had a wonderful breakfast at incheon airport haha. So, spicy!

    ReplyDelete