Pages

Saturday, August 2, 2014

Interview;

I went to pohang for an interview. It was a 5 hour bus ride to get there and another 5 hours to get back. In fact, I was cramming for my interview so I was really tired. I got there had cake before the interview.

The interview started. I thought some of the questions were not really appropriate for a graduate school interview. I expected them to ask questions that require deeper understanding of a specific area I've learned. They asked me shallow questions of areas I have not covered. A lot of times I ended up telling them I didn't know because my college program was different. There were total of 3 different interviews. The two weren't that great. The last one was quite positive. They asked about automata and algorithms.  Well, they were not as hard for me because for both classes I was top of the class until the end exams. I got too cocky and screwed the last exams. For the interview, I got complimented. They asked if I enjoyed programming. Hell no! Programming destroyed a lot of my life. I replied "As long as it is not graded, I really do enjoy it." Despite doing bad on the other interviews, I felt really good to be complimented. The interviews were pretty brutal. One girl came out crying. I mean, they were kind of elitist. I just didn't care because I know I'm shit. If someone else tells me I suck, I know so what?

After the interview, I had food. Took the 9 PM bus back to Seoul. I got really tired. I'm still tired actually. Didn't get to have a recovering rest. It might be because I don't feel really comfortable at home. 




I need to start studying again tonight. I need to tutor in a bit too. God, I'm really exhausted. Physically as well because I've been helping my sister move out. 

I purchased a fountain pen. No, I'm not going to be writing in cursive. My teachers have encouraged me to do so, but I really rather not. I want to practice writing in print. I just want one for note taking. Learning is enhanced when your actively learning, using your hands to make notes help a lot. I'm just going to write so stupid notes. I'm so bored using the same pen so I'm going to change it up a bit. 

Also, I think I'm kind of hipster. 


No comments:

Post a Comment