Haha, my American birthday was really disappointing. Well, I found respect for some people and disappointment from a lot more.
Just going to write about my disappointments.
- It rained, and most of my roommates didn't want to go eat out, although it was a close distance from our dorm.
- Didn't want to go out and eat for dinner because they were too busy.
- Nothing was prepared.
My new respect
- Went to eat out during the rain
- Went to take me out for dinner even though it was somewhat a fail
- Called me for my birthday
So, I'm really disappointed at my roommates, because I usually take care of their birthday. Treat them for food, or buy them small gifts, and make food for them. In return, they were afraid to go out to eat in the rain lol. And I usually don't celebrate my birthday during college. It was the first actual birthday that I tried to celebrate. And it kind of became a disappointment.
Yeah, so I'm back to the point realizing friends from college aren't really reliable. And I should stop caring about their birthdays.
But, I did find greater respect for those who bought me presents, gave me a call, or even facebook me. Well, I giving them more credit because they don't live near me lol. I also found new respect for one of my roommate who went to eat out with me in the rain, and for dinner.
Anyways, I would like to tell you what Korean Birthdays are like. We eat out like normal birthdays. I kind of eating out in Korean style because we get a plate of food and share among us. I don't know but sharing food makes it more enjoyable to eat. Then, we usually go watch movies, go to cyber cafe, or even a normal cafe. We sometimes do fireworks, Kind of fun.
But, this was during my high school. After high school, Koreans usually go drinking and karaoke.
For girls, I heard they book a hotel, and do a party there, eating sweets and drinking wine lol
Well, I think Korean birthdays are more about being together and hanging out rather than going to places.
This is my limited knowledge of Korean birthdays because I had very few Korean birthdays lol I lived more then half of my life abroad :S
No comments:
Post a Comment