Pages

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Mister: The Man From Nowhere

Just a short post about a Korean movie that I would advise a lot of people to watch. It was one of the best movies I watched. Its because of all the crazy action and a really good story plot. The action scenes are very realistic and professional. Apparently,  the main character the Mister, played by WonBin, was a retired special forces member of Korea. It was hell bloody, but it wasn't disgusting. Not like those horror movies -.- where they spew their gust out everywhere. It was more like Jackie Chan, but with an impression that was like "wow, that guy is just so manly". (Can't deny he was freaking manly.)

The story plot was really deep and realistic as well. Its basically about the main character trying to save a child from having her organs stolen. It deals with a modern day issue where gangs steal people's organ to make money. I am pretty sure this happens a lot to people who are unprotected and I've heard stories -.-

Moreover, there was no love story! Yay. I am so sick and tired of love stories between the main character and another character. -.- Its so cliche now. Every movie... even family movies Harry Potter, Sherk, and Oscar has a love story.... Anyways, I might have lied. Mister does have somewhat a love story in it. But, I really can't say it was love... I mean did WonBin love the little girl he saved?.... I would argue it wasn't love, if it was it would be a father-daughter love.... like in Finding Nemo. But, I don't think it was the case.. I lean more towards that it was "jeong"(정). Jeong is a Korean word to express this particular feeling towards a person, which is really hard to explain since there is no English word for it. Its like empathy or a bond that connects people. Say I had a dog. I can have jeong towards the dog. If it went away I will feel weird because of the jeong. You also have jeong towards people you hate. Say you had a person you hate and you had class with him or her for 5 years. Then he transfers, you feel somewhat weird without him or her. Again this is because of the jeong. I guess its more like the feeling of not having something around when your so used to having it. Anyways, I think this is really arguable. But the point is that there was not cheesy love.

Back to Mister. I would really recommend people to go watch it :) Or watch it on your computers lol since its been out almost for a year now.

2 comments: