Pages

Monday, September 27, 2010

Korean Rap Continued

I know a lot of friends who listen to rap music. I mean, Atlanta is the "A-town" where there is a lot of hardcore rappers. Unfortunately, there aren't many people who know about the Korean rappers. K-pop and Idols are the dominate music producers in Korea, but Korea's hip-hop and rap musics are pretty amazing as well. In this blog post I wanted to focus on few of the bad-a rappers in Korea.

Sorry my bad taste for music and I'm only focusing on music instead of other interesting topics. Well, I am having a tough time keeping up with my academics so, I can't invest as much time on the blog as I used to.



1. Drunken Tiger. He probably is the starter of the Korean rap industry. When nobody knew about rap in Korea, he came with his rap music. Not a lot of people appreciated him at first. Actually, a lot of people thought his music was a joke, but now his music is a must listen to.




2. Baechigi. They really know how to rap in my opinion. I mean their rap is just so exciting and powerful. They make you want to start nodding your head =D



3. Outsider. Remember the time I showed you guys about the fastest female rapper. Well, Outsider is the fastest Korean male rapper. But, the important thing is that his rap is not only fast but his fastness doesn't destroy the lyrics. Usually fast rappers tend to destroy the lyrics when the focus on the fastness.


4. Epik High. Probably the deepest rapper. Tablo the main rapper speaks fluent english since he was from the USA. His lyrics are really deep and meaningful.



5. MC Mong. Probably the funniest rapper. Well, he is currently having trouble because he tried to avoid military service. Its quite sad since I liked him a lot and when I listen to my mp3 player his songs come up, making me think of how his life just crumbled down just because he didn't go to the military.




I'll stop here =D I am too tired...

2 comments:

  1. Korea.net is the official website of the Rep. of Korea. For our “Blogging on Korea” section on our webpage, we pick nice and appropriate blog posts and introduce them to our visitors.

    We’d like to outlink your blog post “Korean Rap Continued ” on our web, so we can share it with our visitors. Thank you for your source, and please visit our website and other official social networking channels.(see the links below)

    twitter: http://twitter.com/koreanet
    facebook: http://www.facebook.com/KoreaClickers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh nice! I would love more visitors :P

    ReplyDelete