Dear readers,
I deleted this post due to lack of respect.
Thanks for telling I shouldn't try and help people. Because that was the whole point of the post.
However, most of the readers, commenters only focused on certain parts of the posts that they didn't like.
Thanks for commenting tho.
Well, the problem is I really think I'm going to suicide.
All these comments just make me emotionally unstable.
I'm not strong right now.
Every little negativity just makes me feel horrible.
Most of you guys don't care because not a lot of people do.
So its just better for me to delete this post.
If you really need to know, just ask your Korean friends.
I can't help because this is too much.
Thanks
I hear you WonTaek, but the fact is most Koreans in America, and in their native country have never truly dealt with Black Americans as a whole or have an appreciation of our history as it relates to the U.S. or the rest of the world. A couple of examples, while true is not a just cause to generalize millions of individuals. As you know Korea itself (north or south) is not known as a melting pot. One should never judge or make a determination of another without first having a relationship with that person.
ReplyDeleteYup your absolutely right. But, I still can't help but avoid black people on the streets. I'm judging them, but its for my safety... I've already experienced people forcefully demanding money :S... and it was only from black people...
DeleteThen again I never judge Black people when I see them in malls, schools, workplace.
Just addition to what I wrote on the post, I've come to a conclusion Koreans are racist in the context that you want to join the Korean family or become Korean. They will not accept you as Korean. I thought it wasn't as bad but after researching biracial children, life is very difficult as you try to become Korean.
Hey, Wontaek! How are you? Hope you are doing good and if not, know that I care and please keep pressing on and don't give up! Anyway, I'm a fourteen year old African American girl, and I love all Asian cultures, but especially the Korean culture! I want to go to South Korea and I actually want to be a Kpop singer, but I'm not sure it will work out since I'm not Korean. And I'm not like that man at all! In fact, my number one goals in life are to help people and serve God and try to help everyone I meet and I can't stand to see the world like this and I want to see everyone happy and I want all the scars that people have gotten from life's difficulties to fade away! And that would also be my main reason why I would want to be a Kpop singer, not just because of Korean culture or love of music, but I really want to help and inspire people with my music! So what do you think of me? I hope you don't think of me like you think about those black people on the street which that actually made really scared because me and my mom had to get our car fixed and we had to walk home!! I wish I wasnt black because of people who say things like that I wish I was Korean I mean already hate a lot of other things about myself and being black is another thing I hate about me! I mean I want to be a good role model and I always tell people to love who they are but how can I say that if I don't even love myself? I mean it saddens me that the some of the people that I respect the most and love their culture (Koreans and Asians) would hate me. Notice I said some because I don't want to be racist either, but I think my mom is because she said that ALL asians feel that way about people and she said that about the non black people I knew too like the teachers in school and she just said that they are just being nice for the money and that if it wasn't a law to have black people in school with whites then they wouldnt allow us! I try to believe its not true because I don't want to be racist but it's just with more and more people saying things like Jenny Hyun said or Girls Generations Taeyeon (which I still love her and Girls Generation) and like people avoiding just blacks on the streets i mean WHEN OUR CAR WAS BROKE AND WE HAD TO FIX IT WE HAD TO WALK HOME!!! So you're saying that you'll dodge me if u see me on the street? And my mom also said that if I try to sell candy to a white person they wouldnt get it but if a white person sold it to them they would take it. I try not to believe cuz I know it's not true. And also, I'm not a mean person and I love being nice to people it's just I'm can be kinda shy in person. But I want to know, one if they would be racist to me even if I'm really nice and I really like their culture, two what do you think about me, three, can I be a Kpop singer, four, do you think black people are all criminals, five, do kpop artists like their foreign fans, and six, do you think that Asians will like me. Also I'm not your typical African American and I'm nothing like those people in the tyler perry movies and stuff and I just want you to know that I didn't ask to be black and I hate being black, I mean why are people so mean to blacks (if they are) I mean I have emotions too!! I HAD to walk home!! Our car had to be fixed!! I'm crying and shaking as I type this!! Stuff like I avoid black people on the street makes me hate myself and makes me cry!! You don't know how it is because everyone loves Asian including me and how can anyone not like Asians they are awesome :) But I'm a human too! And again I did not ask to be black!!! And also the reason why I asked if kpop artists like their foreign fans is because I love a lot of kpop artists especially Super Junior and particularlly when we are talking about them, do they like their foriegn fans? Well that's it 4 now! Please respond back! Sorry if I offended u! I really didn't mean to! Bye and have a great day not just today but for all the days of your life! God bless!
DeleteYeah, but I'll avoid anyone. kpop is ok... I don't listen to it much. Do what you thinks right.
DeleteHey again hey did I offend you? I really didn't mean to I mean I just was kind of upset about what you said and im really upset. It's just my mom with her foolish talk (I still love her, but what she said is not true) and you seem like a really nice, caring, and amazing person and I'm really sorry! Really! I just love Korean culture and I respect so much, and it just saddens me that they would think that way. But thank you for the info but I'm really sorry about my outburst and I just really was hurt. I'm VERY sorry! Because it seemed like I offended you but that's not what I wanted to do at all!! I'm really a nice person and I know a lot of bad black people and I hate it when a black person does something crazy because it makes all blacks look bad. And I'm sorry about all those people who forced you for money and I'm sorry just really sorry!! Oh I'm starting to cry again! I'm just really sensitive sometimes. Oh and can you make friends in Korea if you are kind of shy? And again I'm very sorry!! PLEASE forgive me!!
DeleteAnd also, what if a black person on the street had gotten his skin bleached or painted or something, u wouldn't avoid him, and you'd never know that he had dark skin. But just because of his skin color, you avoid him! I mean even Super Junior knows better cuz in one of their songs, he says white people turn into black people and black people turn yellow, I don't like racism! I mean, that really hurts me. I mean they have bad white, black, Asian, and Hispanic people. Not all of them are bad. I mean, Ill show people who think that way about blacks that they actually have some reasonable blacks who love and care for everyone. I will. But maybe I'm not thinking about what you've went through. That probably was a very traumatic experience and I am sorry. I would have been scared for sure. Man, I just wish everyone was the same color. I guess times haven't changed. I should probably just forget about this world and just die. I mean if everyone is going to judge you no matter how nice or considerate you are then why should you? I'm also suicidal and anything could just make me not want to live anymore. And you know what I'm being inconsiderate. I'm not thinking about what you might of went through and I'm just thinking about how hurt I am. I'm very sorry about what happened and I would probably think that way too and for that I just wish everyone would was the same color. This is just too much for me. I will respond back later. Sorry for my foolishnes.
DeleteI'm going to try and also gather up all of the black people I know (well it would just be family members since I don't have any friends but even my family members might not want to do it) and we are going to show our love for Asian! That will show Asian that black people are humans and show them that blacks like me do love and respect Asians!! But racism, no that's not the answer. I could go ahead just call you racist (I know you're not but I was just so upset and it did seem like the comment you made was racist.) but I won't because it's not nice and because it may not be true and being mean isn't going to solve anything.
DeleteAnd if this world doesn't come together as one, forgetting about race, gender, and past mistakes, to fight life's battles, things are not going to be good. We have to many things to worry about in this life to be doing silly things like judging people because of the color of their skin.
DeleteIf I don't love, I am nothing but a creaking of a rusty gate. From the song, The Proof Of Your Love by For King and Country. If you don't love, which their is no racism in love, you are nothing. Good words, from a good song, which tells the truth about love.
DeleteBut I can understand your agianstness toward black people because of that situation and again I'm very sorry. I'm scared of going on the street too. But very sorry to hear about that! Hope things get better and God bless! :)
DeleteAnd sorry for the grammatical errors I was just so shaken by this so sorry! And I know that agianstness is not a word but I couldn't find another way to say what I wanted to say so sorry about that! I keep saying sorry and it just makes me wanna sing that song Sorry Sorry by Super Junior! Lol and I love then by the way! :)
DeleteKoreans are awesome! :) Such wonderful and beautiful people.
DeleteHey, WonTaek, just want to let you know that you are beautiful and special and I also want you to know that you're life has purpose and that you will
Deletecontinue to do great things in your life!! You are amazing and awesome and their is no one else like you. Just wanted to let you know.
We all have two eyes and two hands
DeleteAnd we all have goals and plans
But most importantly we all have hearts
So please let's come together and not grow apart
Those who judge people by the color of their skin
Miss all the love that is within
People who aren't treated this way don't care
But it is just only fair.
Just a little something I just made up so don't judge.
I'm just depressed because of my life. I avoid everyone because I'm paranoid. If you want to make a video something related to asians and black people, you can always send it to me. I'll just post it on the blog.
DeleteThanks.
Hey, I don't know what you are talking about, but if you are depressed, i hope that things get better and I will be praying for you. And as for the video, well I don't have a YouTube account or anything like that but I might make one, but I'm not sure. Okay well that's it for now. Bye and thank you, and know that I care and I hope things get better and whatever you do, just don't give up and keep pressing on. You are beautiful and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. You will win the fight. Okay bye and have a great day not just today but for all the days of your life! God Bless! :)
DeleteAnd also, not all black people do things like that (like doing that stuff to Koreans and mugging people) man, I wish those black people who did that wouldn't have done that because it makes us all look bad. But when a white person does a crime it doesn't make them look bad and I wonder why. Anyway, I'm so sorry about your fear and I apologize for all those stupid black people who do those crazy things like that. Man, I wish I wasnt black SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO bad!! Again, there is no reason to be scared of me! I love helping people and being nice to them!! And again I apologize for stupid black people like that man.
DeleteI'm going to have to make a shirt that says "Don't be scared of me. I'm just a white person underneath this dark skin - which white people won't mug you on the street but black people will!!" Okay but maybe not that but the don't be scared of me part and I'm sorry if I'm being mean that hurts me that Asian people and white people think of us like that. I told my mom what u said about being scared of black people on the street and she said Korean people think the same way that white people think about us (racist) or even worse!
DeleteCAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME A WAY THAT I CAN BLEACH MY SKIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean I thought times had changed looks like we are going to need another Martin Luther King for 2012!!!!!!!!
DeleteAVOID EVERYONE ON THE STREET!!!!!!!!! A white person just shoot 70 people in a movie theater in Denver not that I have anything against white people I love them but I'm just saying that to show you that they have bad and good people in all races!
DeleteDear God, why did you make me black? I want to be someone else!! People think I'm evil just because of my skin but its not true!!! Lord, please take my life, for I have no purpose here! How am I suppose to help people when they all hate me?!! Please Lord, I don't want to live my life anymore! Take it away, or I will.
DeleteMy desperate prayer to God.
I mean I love Koreans and Asian and their culture and whenever I see one I want to get to know them but I get nervous because I don't know what they would think of me. I mean I love Korean and Asian culture, but I don't think they would like me and try to not to embarrass myself in front of them. But either way I'll still love Asians and I still think that Asians rule! :)
DeleteNothing against gays, but everyone is trying to make sure they are treated equal when a whole race is STILL being treated like trash and yet nobody saying about that and then Miley Cyrus days isn't it the same thing as black person not being able to seat on a bus with a white. No it's not exactly!! They still are allowed to be gay!! Humans are still being judge for the color of their skin and we need to wake up and see that there is no difference! We are humans too!! Why can't y'all see that?
DeleteA MESSAGE TO OTHER BLACK PEOPLE: PLEASE STOP DOING STUPID STUFF AND Y'ALL BETTER NOT START DOING THAT STUFF OR YOU ARE STILL GOING TO BE TREATED LIKE TRASH AND ALL THE OTHER GOOD PEOPLE WILL SUFFER BECAUSE OF YOU!!! OF COURSE OTHER PEOPLE SHOULD LET ONE BAD APPLE DETERMINE HOW THEY SEE ALL PEOPLE!!! BUT PLEASE YOU WANT TO STOP BEING TREATED LIKE TRASH?!! THEN STOP DOING THOSE THINGS!!!! PLEASE IM BEGGING YOU!!! I DONT WANT THE GOOD TO
DeleteSUFFER!!!! I'm crying right now I really want this racism to end.
THEY SHOULDN'T LET ONE BAD APPLE DETERMINE HOW THEY SEE ALL PEOPLE!!!!!!
DeleteI'm sorry for my outburst though I mean I was just really hurt. But no matter what, I will always love Koreans and Asians and their culture, and I will try to show people the truth and always try to help them and inspire them and encourage them through the hardships of life. I'm not a mean person I'm really not, it's just that I was hurt. But I'll always love and care for everyone and I will always love the Korean culture. And WonTaek, I'm sure you are an amazing person, and I'm really sorry. Really.
DeleteAnd thank you for making this blog. It's really helpful and I really appreciate it. Thank you for your hard work on making these blogs and stories to help people like me who are interest in Korean culture to learn more about it. Thank you so much.
DeleteHave you ever seen the Korean drama, A Gentleman's Dignity? It is so good! :)
DeleteYeah, but I was too depressed to finish it. I don't think I'll ever finish it. I'm staying away from love stories
DeleteAhhh I see but it is still really good! I'm happy Seo Yi Soo and Kim Do Jin got back together! What other Korean dramas do u like?
DeleteI watched BIG. it was decent.
DeleteOh yeah I've heard of it but I never seen it. I like Heartstrings, Dream High, 49 Days, Love Rain, and Boys over Flowers! Hey and also do u know any cool facts about Korean culture?
DeleteWonTaek, I understand your fears on the street. I just happened to be a black american who grew up for the majority of his life in the San Francisco Bay Area, mainly South San Francisco, and San Francisco. I have heen around, went to school etc. with many different Asian peoples from Chinese, Japanese, Thai, Filipino, Vietnamese and others. I believe to live in this world amongst other individuals who may not be like you either racially, ethnically; we must make sure to keep an open mind, and make absolutely sure that we are not judging a book by it's cover. Remember natiions have fell, and blood has been shed for thousands of years over this very issue, and in the end most were a result of broadly painted generalization of one type or another. Be Blessed...Peace(or Shalom as I like to say)
ReplyDeletelol!!! I said I don't judge black people in normal surroundings. I even work for the black community. I'm doing few projects for the black community lol!
DeleteBut, with all seriousness I'm not going to risk it and I told you, I have experienced few times already. There is no reason for me to be open minded when I'm risking my safety. I live in Atlanta btw.
I mean your black, it probably didn't occur to you but people from the streets see asians as an easy target lol...
Whatever, I agree with being open minded, but I'm not going to risk it.
That video was scary I'm from Africa and now I'm afraid of African Americans :O Do you think people will be less afraid of me if I dressed in traditional attire in Korea?
ReplyDeletelol! Honestly, feel free to wear what you feel comfortable in and what you would usually wear. I think its a better way for Korea to know the real Africa.
DeleteAlso, I think its more about the attitude.
Generally if you visit another country you are the representative of your country. People would judge your country and your people based on how you act in the future. So, foreigners have to act more carefully, but a lot don't :S
But, getting points in Korea is really easy haha. Just learn some few phrases in Korean like 안녕하세요, 감사합니다, etc. Show interest into Korean culture and ask about it. Koreans have a lot of Korean pride so they are the happiest when they talk about their culture XD
I hope you enjoy your visit in Korea!!!
lol. that is a very interesting and funny article. Koreans need to stop generalizing. Africa is a big continent not a country. Some countries in africa are extremely nice with well educated people. If you ask any american about africans student they had met while in school. they will directly tell you that those africans were probably the smartest in their classes. I visited many beautiful cities in the continent of africa, the north and west side are very nice. ABidjan plateau (ivory coast) was a beautiful city.I have seen many beautiful countries that produce their own electricity , gas, ressources and are sufficient. some even had 5% unemployment rate. I have seem many koreans having businesses in some part of africa.. unfortunately the media only shows the bad part of africa ( mostly east side) and thats the image people have stuck in their mind. what really bugs me is the fact that africa has many ressurces but the people there cannot get along and unite like korea did. Korea went from nothing to become a developped country. Another point is that, in Asia some countries are extremely poor but i cannot generalize and say that asia is fucked up, because japan and korea are not bad.. ps. Do not avoid black people, there are good and bad in all races. crime is not related to race, but living conditions, social class and the lack of opportunities presented to certain groups.
Deleteonly 7% of black people live in those ghettos , some because they dont have a choice and others because they choose to. and not all of them are criminels as well. black, hispanic whites, asians also live in those ghetto by the way.
Also the africans that usually travel and live abroad are the one with no opportunities back home and are from poor families. others are well of in africa and dont even want to live anywhere else.. maybe that is why you see those africans in korea asking for help.. Blacks are amazing and smart people. the black race has been oppressed and went thru a lot, they lost a lot of ressources and have been disunified everytime they tried to unite and that is why some black people are what they are right now...even in Ivory coast which was a great and almost a developped country, they could not unite and come together, they had to fight and mess up that beautiful country just recently. some koreans people are met were so shocked that my african was so smartt and was fixing their pc everytime. and he showed some pictures of his house, families and his city back in africa. the koreans seemed really shockeed , now i see why.lol and after he ended up dating of of them. i think koreans are not racist they are just ignorant and watch too much american tv and believe what they see. Indeed white people in asia are not helping at all. they actually like to put black people down and spread that false and negative sterotype. i dont know why they are so insecure and intimidated by black people espacially black men.
Well you may help some black communities but your statements "I won't risk it" refer to you thinking in racist terms. Just because you donate to a certain organization, do you think that makes you less of a racist when you cross the street simply because someone is one Black? I have never robbed anyone and if you crossed the street because I passed you, I would think of you as an idiot. And I would be justified in thinking so as well.
DeleteIm a black British dude and was thinking of going to Korea for a while but all these things that i am reading aren't helping. And with people like them dudes on the subway i think the situation can only get worse especially when its shown on the Internet and news etc. I have a few friends over there but now am wondering if its worth it to move there or whether i should just stick to limited vacations :/
ReplyDeleteIts not that bad honestly. I think if I were you I'll try visiting Korea for a bit and then decide whether you want to live there or not. I've only put stereotypes some people might have, not all.
DeleteYou should watch http://youtu.be/ENoEsmmU3R8
She's an african american who lived in seoul. She kind of had racial discrimination? But, anyways she talks about how Korea was a balance of unhappy and happy events.
Whitewatch.info
ReplyDeleteDoes the stuff on this website make you scared of white people? I doubt it, even though their crimes are usually heinous.
It's interesting that a korean would openly admit to their prejudices, im actually proud that you did that just means your open to getting them proved wrong instead of being stubborn an set in them. but anyway im an african american teenager and tend to get the negative reactions from all races (I tend not to look african american enough for some people) you just have to be respectful and just remember that prejudice is learned and can to "unlearned" also :)
ReplyDeleteYeah I mean I'm not going to judge people completely on stereotypes. Its just that if they are strangers I'll probably rely on stereotypes
Deleteoh Thanks tho! I forgot to thank you.
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI'm Jamaican and I'm moving to Korea in December and I see a lot of questions about Africans or African-Americans but how do Koreans feel about people from the Caribbean?
ReplyDeleteHey! Actually I wouldn't be surprised if Koreans didn't know where Jamaica is. Well for me, I had no clue where that was until my friend told me where he was. So, basically people aren't very familiar with your country.
DeleteOh yea I look at her alot. Yea she said the Koreans are amazed by how the dark skin of a black woman is unique and shows curiosity to they. Yea. I forgot duh. Yea for the black women lol.
ReplyDeleteYeah... Overall Asians aren't really that much exposed to Black people yet. But, it is getting better.
ReplyDeleteThat's cool.
ReplyDeleteI apologize. I am sorry about that episode with the man on the bus. That was really scary. Speaking as a New Yorker, that would be scary in any city, at any time, from any ethnic group. Unfortunately, that is the image many people will have of anyone of African ancestry unless others show them differently. I was pulled in to this blog and I just continued reading the comments. I'm amazed and saddened...
ReplyDeleteI was considering applying to teach English in South Korea and wanted to find out about how my ethnic group might be treated. I'm not a "pure blood" either. (Would I even be considered for a teaching position, being a mixed-race female, even with a PhD?) A sad truth is that the "world" really isn't very friendly to people of African ancestry. Many of us still learn this the "hard way."
Thank you for the posting. This was helpful to me in deciding whether if I really want to invest my time in South Korea.
lol! Why are you apologizing? Its not your fault. You'll definitely get a teaching position if you have PhD. Most English teacher are employed because they are white regardless of their education. As for black people, I met one person who was from Yale and someone from a university I don't know of. So, with a PhD I'm sure you'll get a job. But, I believe the pay is a bit low or much lower than what you would expect because its cheaper to live in Korea than US.
DeleteI think the best choice on deciding whether you want to teach in Korea or not is to try visiting China, Korea and Japan. I believe as more international people get involved in Korea, there would be less racism as Koreans become more exposed!
Hello. So I'm 16 year old boy and I will be going to Seoul in a few weeks and I'm wondering how I'll be. My parents and brother are coming with me, but being a more African style family than black, what tips can I give them? We've lived in the USA for a long time and I was born there, but they are Nigerian and sometimes think like Nigerians. I know this might be a problem so what can I do to prepare them?
ReplyDeleteLearning culture usually isn't that hard for me. I think the language will be a problem.
DeleteJust learn few words and phrases. :)
DeleteOkay, anything else I should know?
DeleteNope, thats it!
DeleteIn all race there is good and bad, but if you let let one bad apple spoil your good natured view of people then you allow them to control you.Granted I can understand why koreans feel the way they do because of what took place during the war,but you must rise above it and not become a slave to the past.With globalization you will meet many people of different race and color but you must learn to get along with them in order to survive in this world.
ReplyDeleteMy white friend's son is a psychic who has been talking to an ancient spirit since he was a toddler. Now in his 20's, he secretly uses the advice of this spirit to help and advise people without revealing his source. People are astounded by his boundless love, charity and insights. This spirit told him that those who come to earth as Black people are considered very special in heaven because this assignment is a hard one, and, their ultimate purpose IS to unite the races. That is why Hitler and the Eugenics Society did not succeed, nor will other genocides and racism of colored people go unnoticed. He says, ALL on this earth have lessons to learn. That we are all meant to be fully aware, highly spiritual beings, teachers, and creators with no regard for color or race; that God watches what we do to each other and how we feel about others and ourselves. We are confronted with our lives and this knowledge when we die and for some, it is heartbreaking that they let God and themselves down. So, I say to this person who so hates herself, please know that GOD and YOU did not make a mistake. Practice this every day: Each morning of your life, look in the mirror, smile and say, "God is Love; Love is ME." Say this no matter what the day before was like and your soul will receive this message until you begin to see how wonderful you really are. Don't be frightened. Believe in your and HIS purpose here as a darker race. Don't hide: Love, Help, Teach!
ReplyDeleteJust came across this blog post, and i do see where you are coming form. I am a black male, was in the US army, and was stationed in Korea (Camp Casey) The whole year i was there i would see the things that troops would do to the Korean people, and hear the stories. But i made EVERY attempt i had to explore to Korea, learn about the culture, and langue. In that one year i spent in Korea, i fall in love with it, and thought to myself. "This Country, these people. I will fight for them, i will give my life, if it means they can keep living safe." This is what drive me to do my best in work in the army, when i left i told my KATUSA buddies, i would always come back to fight for Korea. When i left i took a lot of the culture with me. (Respect of my elders was something i grow up with, so i was already respectful to the elders in Korea.) But i took away the love for the food, respect for the arts. (Which is my deep love for K-drama's, and Korean Music.) Some words i use in everyday life, how i drink, how i eat, they way i address my family. All things i brought back with me.
ReplyDeleteI wish My actions alone could change the over all mind set of Black people, but i do not think it to be so. But do not think your blog post an any way offends, it is what needs to be said. I do plan to go back to Korea, and hopefully live the rest of my days out there.
Yup! It really does help. I mean Koreans are scared of black people because their previous interaction with them was bad. If we add more positive interactions with black people, we'll see a more open Korea. Already, we see changes like black and korean couples. Interracial couple probably was hardly seen back then! Thanks for the comment!
DeleteOh man, when i was over there, it seemed The black hip hop culture was the in thing with some of the Korean teen's. I will give it to them, if any other race does the whole thug thing, it is the Korean's. But yea more positive interactions. I Taught English over there for this fire house program. they would pick Troops up, and then we would teach little night class groups. It was really fun, and i would like to go back and do that. I dated a Korean irl when i was over there to, but we grow apart, and i say it was for the best, since i did not end up stay there for another year. But man Thank you for bring up this topic. I never know that there was a real issue with Korean's and Black American's. I thought they just did not like most American Troops... Cause of the rapes and all that.
DeleteYeah... everything you said is pretty much right. NP. Nobody really brought up the topic. So I decided to talk about it. It attracted a lot of black people XD I guess a lot of black people are interested in Korea these days!
DeleteIt's a lovely country. I was hooked the first time i went to Seoul. But I do love my K-drama's and the Langue is fun. It can also do with the Growing fact that a lot of Black's are getting into Anime. Just this year i seen an 80% increase in Black's going to Anime Con's and Cosplaying. So it is only national some would branch out to other countries in Asia like Korea. (The Third Coast.) as they say in some of their Rap songs
DeleteHey Favines, I'm sorry but could you possibly write a guest blog post for me about how Koreans perceive black people and why? Because nobody would try to understand what I'm trying to say because I'm Korean. Everybody seems to focus on how I am wrong and racist. Its kind of hard :S I've already pointed out how we lack understanding of each other but nobody seems to read that part haha
DeleteI think you have a clear understanding and you are very very open minded. It will definitely help if you do me this favor because I'm really tired of getting hate comments. -.-;;; It could be short. I'll really appreciate it!
I expect there to be stereotypes associated with black people, but I wonder, how do Korean's perceive black people who were born and bred in England. I never hear much on the internet about Black British people who go to foreign countries so that would be quite interesting to know.
ReplyDeleteIt should be fine! Well, after you start using your british accent. Just respect their culture and they will try to understand yours. But there is always exceptions
Deletewon taek chung is it? your post was very enlightening.. thanks for letting me know about the evil side of the korean culture. now let me enlighten YOU.. your fear towards blacks is your own doing not THEIRS.. just because you're too stupid to realize that not all people are the same, doesn't mean they need to cater to you.. you sound like some white supremacist talking about what blacks should do to make you feel warm and fuzzy inside.. what should asians do? hmm? how about learn to stick up for yourselves? that's one..
ReplyDeletein america, asian men are seen as little dick, weak nerds not worthy of a woman.. asian women run to white guys in droves because they prefer them over their own.. white guys openly make fun of you about taking your girls because,supposedly, they are more manly than you.. instead of fighting back against these stereotypes, you just do nothing but laugh it off.. you then continue to kiss the asses of the people that created these labels in the first place.you love the almighty, white men you suck up to every day in america and korea, don't you?
you concede defeat when it comes to the white man.. and willingly take a back seat and put your head down like cowards. at least blacks stand and fight against racist idiots, which happens to be 90 % percent of whites..
you talk about what blacks do.. but i see you have forgotten the hate, violence, rape, and torture brought to the world by your white masters! yet, i bet if you saw a bunch of white thug-looking white dudes coming your way, you would feel extra safe wouldn't you? LOL! wow.. what an idiot..
despite reading all the crap about how racist you koreans can be, i have still continued to listen to k-music. i am also learning the language.. the way i see it, i'm not going to let any person, korean or otherwise, dictate my interests.. i will remain open-minded to everyone.. this doesn't mean i will put up with racism from koreans.. i don't give a fuck.. you respect me, and i will respect you.. fair is fair. you want to judge me based off your own bad experiences and treat me like shit, be prepared for another bad experience.. i don't really care.. i will be glad to act like the bad person you think all black people are, if you treat me like shit for no reason..
ReplyDeletei noticed you also mentioned the american military's black men.. really? did you forget to mention the cases of white military guys leaving korean girls pregnant and alone also? or the cases of them raping korean girls? did your lose your memory for a second? or do you just ignore anything bad the almighty,white man does in korea or to koreans in america? you just keep sucking up, don't you? they could murder all your family right now, but i bet you won't think ALL whites are bad, will you? so why are you that way towards blacks? i'll tell you why.. it's simple.. because you follow what whites do.. until you get your own separate identities and quit being followers,i don't give a fuck about what you have to say about my black people.. your words are only those of the people you follow: the white race..
as far as africa goes, that continent continues to have all it's oil and other resources stolen by sneaky, white countries.. i'm sure some of the asian countries are getting in on the criminal activity too.. yet black people are the problem in the world? lol.. whatever.. the real criminals are the ones you look at everyday.. just because they look less threatening and don't pull a gun on you, doesn't mean they aren't dangerous.. but you'll never realize that,will you? nope.. you're too busy putting down the black race.. people that in history have never done one thing to the asian race.. but your white masters have.. oh how quickly you forget.. it must be that white power over you, huh?
in closing, i have learned as a person that embraces all races, that many are not like me.. i cherish those that don't have a racist bone in their bodies.. i will not be friends with anyone unless they have friends from other races.. as i look around i see very few multi-cultural bonds.. why? because the evil forces that be, want to keep most of us separated.. because they know that if everyone is friends then there would be an end to their supremacy.. because then, ALL people would be treated fairly and equally.. if that were to happen, it would expose what many people of color already know, white skin doesn't mean shit! remove the privilege, money, and power and there's nothing.. but who would the asians like you, have to suck up to then? hmmm.. who knows..
Well, the whole point of the post was to show others that there is racism in Korea. Its better to warn people about it before they experience it. haha I had to be the bad guy
DeleteYou avoid Black people? That really hurts deep down... I have many Asian friends, even a Korean boyfriend once. Maybe you shouldn't avoid us, but try to get to know us better. Every race has it's rotten apples you just have to ignore them. Anyone can mug you, or be rude, or whatever. I hope you do take what people have said here into consideration. I understand that this is your blog and you are giving your point of view... these words just really hurt.
ReplyDeleteOh and btw these Koreans that I am friends with were born in Korea. So I don't know what you are talking about. You shouldn't speak for the entire race of Koreans. Have you noticed the rise of BLACK influences on Korean music? Such as the RnB and hip hop/rap? Yong Guk of B.A.P even released a statement to the press saying "If we are born again (the entire group) we want to be born again as black people."So I believe that your information is very outdated and not up to 2012 standards. Quite honestly, ironically I see Koreans as the black people of Asia.
DeleteI mean its ok to believe what you want to believe. haha If I met you we probably would be friends too. I have black friends. I live in atlanta. I'm sorry, but Koreans barely know enough about black people. Yes, Koreans are the black people of Asia or the Jews of Asia, it always have been. Koreans and black people are very similar and have similar pain. Yet, we do not understand each other completely. and I told you I've worked to help Black people. Its just that I got close to mugged with few black people. whereas I've never got trouble with any other race. I said it was personal experience. Even few of my black friends admit. If it makes you feel better I have racial stereotypes for every race and I don't think its a bad thing. Open your mind a bit.
DeleteI suppose.
DeleteWell, have a good day then.
Ok. There was a lot said in both the article and the comments. One thing to remember is that all stereotypes are not true. I am an African American teen, love reading, and have a 4.0 in school. I don't appreciate the negative comments about my race, as many said they don't even fully know about the African or African American culture. I love the Korean culture, as well as the language, and Kpop. There is good and bad in all cultures. Thank you for the article.
ReplyDeleteYeah I know I just wanted people to know the worst. I mean its always better to know than be sorry.
DeleteInteresting blog. I'm an Ethiopian girl, raised in America, served in the military, n have a general respect for all people. If I based every bad experience in life off of my perpetrator's race, I would become a hermit. Lol I appreciate ur honesty, but at the same time, I encourage u to rise above these frivolous anomalies. Humans r simply that, humans. They r susceptible to making bad decisions..regardless of race, gender, age, etc. I am enamored by the Korean culture. I think they r an overall beautiful people n I freaking LOVE their dramas! Lol I have a ton of friends who r stationed there n my boyfriend (who's Scottish-American) just recently came back from a deployment there as well. There were lots of good stories, as well as bad ones..but it never clouds my perception. My older sister has been dating a Korean guy for years now..he's awesome btw. I just don't have room for racism or prejudices in my life..total waste of time if anyone does. I can't wait for the world to finally catch up to this notion so we can all move forward n truly love our neighbors the way we were meant to. Thanks again for writing this blog. I know that I should probably be offended by it since I am African-American (literally) AND prior military..but I'm not.. Because if u were to ever bump into me in real life, ur stereotypes would fly out the window. Have a wonderful day! :)
ReplyDeleteI really don't judge people that fast.
DeleteI told you its just on the streets. Because there are a lot of beggers and muggings.
lol read the blog again... try to realize what the point of this blog post is. Thanks
Alright we're doin this :) lmao let's go sit down for this lesson your college won't teach you this
ReplyDeleteA lot of asian rape females in their country and asians besides mexicans are known internationally for kidnapping children smuggling women and children and forcing them into child prostitution I think that's horrible but I will not clutch my nephew or niece when I walk pass an asian I will not clutch my dog on the street you have the right to believe as you believe but at the end of the day it comes down to people and their actions in the prison system asian and african americans band together against gangs like the mexican mafia and the aryan brotherhood the problem with african americans are the same as problems with vicous dogs such as pitbulls or rottweilers its how the owner treats them now for years we where enslaved we now dis dont need to delve into it we where beaten rapped killed now when slavery ended families passed on the story about these atrocities we faced so are children had the mind set ill be damned if it happens to me all we knew was pain and despair so we brought that on others as a way to cope with what we went through a majority of us anyway when you take a group of people or animals and domesticated them into a way of thinking and acting they become subject to that type of behavior all you see is what's on the surface
ReplyDeleteAll black people have a gaurd we hold up in defense we have trust issues for other races through the years we have learned mistrust we have learned to be strong sometimes violent in most cases I have been through many walks of life so I can speek on this topic I've lived in project housing I knew the struggle and the label other races put on me just cause where I lived and the acts of a few black men who made a mistake I overcame my surroundings and moved to the suburbs enrolled in college and carried myself with respect and honor as I was taught by my parents but I always was greeted and treated with disrespect and racism I don't let it get to me because I know that's we have a rich culture and I'm happy to be apart of that culture
DeleteYet no matter how much good we do it will forever be tanted the same way you view black people white people view asians and every other race besides their own its people and social standards that's have the world so seperated and lacking understanding and love its not just color asian americans that are not well off do shady things to I'm from syracuse ny and asian their are crazy you have mongolains korean Japanese and Chinese 20% are upstanding citzens and the other 80% are manufacturers of false Goods we have raids everyday in asian neighborhoods we have raids on asian restuarants because they are using meat that is not fda approved to cook we have asian gangs infact they are at the top of the list when comes to credit card fraud and child prostitution but I don't stop eating at asian restuarants because a few shady asian food joint owners don't want to run their business properly
ReplyDeleteWe always knew this was to be true but the media chumped it up to "sorry / lazy blacks making excuses and conspiracy theories but if you do research you will see we have alot of goverment officials coming out with the truth about what the goverment has planned and done for years to destory the african race for years for example their is a former CIA agent Robert D. Steele he's retired well he's died now went to the media and spoke about when he was working for the cia george bush father would have him and many other cia agents go to coke fields in panama columbia etc mosty central american countries and pick up large quanties of narcotics and fly these drugs through us millitary airlines once they reached their destination they where instructed to delivery these drugs to trap houses (drug havens/homes where drugs are product for mass distrubution) in project housing now for years these goverment agents did this
ReplyDeleteWe had every thing stolen from us out of greed and if that wasn't enough we where took from are homeland and brought to a place to be slowy executed mainly because people fear what they don't understand yeah you are asian but look at asians whites european russians etc all of you share the same pigment of skin if not close enough if a russian/caucasian where to get a tan he would be close enough to your skin color to blind in with your culture minus the slanted eyes aficans no matter what creed jamican hatian somalian we all share black and brown skins colors now look at the countries that are in the most conflict in the world middle afica haiti's we have little to no support you think that little money you send actually goes to the building and reconstruction of the african countries lmao really we get a small percentage if any lol do me a favor and shove it donate it to youth in Asia cause your 50 cent to feed a child helps nobody besides I was always taught give from your heart and not out of pitty which you are doing that is worst then not giving at all but to this day we try are best to cope and survive along with teaching are children right from wrong one thing about aficans are that we as a people have more common sense then any other race fact! slavery days we couldn't speek english we survived and interacted with other well enough to manage to escape and navigate through States that were slavery free without knowing are surroundings
ReplyDeleteI admit Asians are one of the smartest group of people on these earth but have little to no common sense because they believe everything as long as it in a book and they can read it but everything you see on the news is not true or near it the hiv was manually constructed in labortary cia agents have welling admitted to being apart of these same as Robert D. Steel months after confessing to the media show up tortured and died Sasun Landauar confessed form cia asset admits to 911 being stagged by usa goverment officals for a big pay off now ok lets compair the worst blacks do sell drugs robb to eat in most cases whites take A WHOLE DAMN AIRPLANE CRASH IT INTO A BUILDING KILLING MILLIONS OF INNOCENTS WOUND MORE SPIN OF AS TERRORIST ACT THEN ATTACK A WHOLE COUNTRY WHO DIDN'T HAVE SHIT TO DO WITH 911 THEN STILL ALL THEIR OIL LOL IF THAT NOT BORDER LINE HITLER ACTIVITY WHAT IS BUT WE ARE BAD YEAH SURE LMAO
ReplyDeleteThe Black Panther Party was a group who formed to protect the black neighborhoods and communities from police corruption and gangs they drove out drug dealers they held an after school program for children so they had help with homework provided tudors they even cooked and held i chow line for every child the neighborhood we where on away to better education from within and most of all ability within our community a few cops shoot up events murder beat arrested blacks firebomb business and when we shot one we were labeled a terrorist group didn't comment any acts of terror but ended up imprisoned and murder on site once confirmed as a member
ReplyDeleteNow fast forward to today we have the arayan brotherhood which is the current kkk if you didnt know produting videos admitting they hate every race and have plans to convert the world to a what they would call true race blonde hair blue eyes and white skins through a race war basically hitlers offspring they own newspaper companies in small towns where they publish articals of hate they have videos if you ever watched nation geographic (I'm sure you have that channel in korean) they have segiments on them and their doings videos with them flaunting fully automatic rifles and teaching kids as young as ten to wield these weapons to kill they even have private land where they house these people now that obivously seem like what a millitary group does but yet again we are the "evil sadistic killers" of the world look at mexicans they smuggle drugs into countries use small children as drugs mules forcing some of these children to swallow coke ballons half of these ballons explode in the childs stomach and kills them instantly and when they die they find another child and when the drugs get hear we sell them no lie because what else are we to do?
ReplyDeleteIts hard for most blacks to get a good education because their up bringing when you have a father in prison or not around who was never their to raise you your older brother selling drugs for gangs your mother addicted to drugs and your five years old seeing this what are you to do you or think come home with homework nobody can help you because they don't know shit theirselves because they went through the same no food in the house its a cycle and the goverment has planned these since day one but you sit hear and say this and that because you assume you know us but we were made to be what we are to day fuck can we do if we fight back we get locked up then felonies that never go away are on are records for life so its either work at burger king making 7 an hour but that's not enough to pay your rent cloth your children or put enough food in the house to feed half the children so yeah you resort to selling drugs and robbing shit why not your kid is shitting in shitty pamper and hurngy you have no pamper money no more food so what? sit their and let the child starve then you get locked up for child cruelity ?
ReplyDeleteYou never had to face that life then people speek of god but christianty was a pagan religion ceasar made to taunt the the world look at the center of the zodiac calender its across with a circle and look at the eyptian son god ra or ru based of the christainty many religions if it where true why would all this happen to africans I was lucky to have a drug free mother but my friends were not age ten I would go over their house and find their mother spaced out with a damn needle in her veins in front of her son like its nothing like its normal so it becomes normal to the child you never lived or seen or went through that a kid first cousin or brother getting shot cause he's in a gang because the police won't protect a nigga they feel like hell let the niggas kill each other they doing are job for us
ReplyDeleteNow this is the truth past present day and future they still planning to kil is it the biggest problem in the world no but still a problem are all whites doin this no but the richest of the rich the highest up in goverment are planning that's a problem because these are people you trust with your life and and tax money
ReplyDeleteI have never had any real problems with any Koreans i have met in Korea but others have. Koreans though are scared of everyone, well at least the men are and the women who speak English don't really give a shit what color you are. Men look at you strange when the women in the club try to dance with you no matter what color you are as long as you aren't Korean. The women will talk to you and they are very friendly. The younger crowd, men included, are more tolerant than the older follks.
ReplyDeleteThis white dude raped a really old lady like 3 times and the people around the area talk about it as if every white dude did it. There was also another incident involving tracked armored vehicles and little kids. Many years have past but due to the strong national unity they have, every little person matters to everyone else. I am sad to say it but there are more rapes that occur from white soldiers under the age of 21 than any other group.
Many US soldiers leave babies overseas, white, black and other but only the black ones seem to stand out. My friend was telling me that his son(black/Korean)wasnt able to join the Korean military because of his skin tone. The crazy thing is they have a mandatory service requirement but it gets waive if you are darker than one of the 50,000 Kims. Another little girl was harrased in school and ended up having to go to the International school. Another was half white and just shunned. Its not fun marrying one of them because unlike the greatest country on earth (USA) you can't become a Korean citizen unless you are Korean. Lol. If you aren't near an Army base or near Seoul you will get NO LOVE.
The Japanese are cool also and dont have as many race issues as Koreans. They are way friendlier and see more tourism throughout the whole country. They are very proper except for the younger folks but it is night and day compared to Korea. Korea would be my last choice among the Asian countries no matter what color you are.
Also, Koreans try to fit in with everyone else in the culture so you will see 20 thousand people who look exactly the same. Converses, skinny jeans, square glasses, odd shirt possibly with stripes and named Kim.
Deletelol you're pretty good
Deletewhere ya from actually?
DeleteFirst my name is nelia, im an french girl who is from ivory coast in africa! Im the buggest korea fan. Im learning korean and next tear im studying korean in college! And in2 years im going to korea for studyiing as an exchange student. First if all im so disappointed of all the BLACK people Who wrote on this page! How in heavencan you hate the fact that you' re black? Huh how can you hate how GOD made you?? Second im sick of hearing that Africa is a country okai its not! When some of my friends say this oneis chinese and that every single asian is chinese i say no there is a difference they're Not all the same, they dont all come from china!! Then there isnt just black People who' s scarg on the street everyine can be a murder white people asians latinos whatever! Do you think hitler was black or al kaida or the norway guy who killed many People on an island si Stop.!! 제발 오??! 부탁해요!!! I know that a lot of blacks do bad things but most of them do it for survive because they're so poor!! I want to have a lot of asian friends but asians dont like Others They always stay with each other and even having white friends is hard! Plus they are many asian Who' s scary and who did bad things so dont think that asians are the best and that we are like crap! Please i love asians but every race has is own bads and goods . Here in paris a lot of asian girls go out with black guys so i think in a way they're liked! But please Stop putting all black people in a different basket cuz Arabs, blacks, whites, Latinos and asians have all bad people and food people! Im sure that in korea some people kill steal and everything in their country so do blacks Americans thwir own! I know thats wrong but thats how life is. Hope i wasnt too mean. Okai 안녕히주무세요. Because here Its midnight!
ReplyDeleteok... send me presents and I'll stop being racist haha
DeleteHahaha i wont but i just wanted you to understand that not everyblack are bad. Here most people hate Asians but i dont think that being racist is something good!
DeleteWell, by sending me presents you'll be creating more positive interaction. But you refused to haha So, I'll continue with my beliefs. It really depends on the definition of racism. To me just categorizing people racial group is racist. By just saying Asians or black I already consider that part of racism. If we were not racist we won't bother using the word Asians, Black or whites. These words are all part of racism. Like saying all asians are racist or all Koreans are racist. These statement itself is racism to me.
DeleteAnd did you read my personal thoughts? The whole reason I wrote this is to help not hate. WTF did I do??? I SAID WE LACK UNDERSTANDING OF EACH OTHER. Yeah thanks for focusing on how racist I am. Its helping me so much.
ok I'm actually hurt now. haha you know why I'm depressed. I care a lot about others. Thats why I wrote about black people. To help. But apparently no matter how much I are about others, nobody will care back lol
Sorry i wrote so fast that i made errors so i hope you still understand!
ReplyDelete*a French girl *biggest *year *of *scary *everyone *good People *so di black Americans in their own. Its Nélia sorry for the mistakes in my post
ReplyDeleteHi WonTaek! You certainly have an interesting blog, I was wondering after reading some of the post you've received have you consider or tried to overcome your prejudices? I lived in Baltimore City, not the friendliest town and not accurately portrayed on "The Wire" if you have seen that show, but I realized that the YouTube clips you posted are disgusting but are also examples of ignorant and vile behavior of people. In Baltimore City, Whites, Blacks, Chinese, Japanese, and Filipino immigrants display such behavior. Its not the generalization of an ethnicity that causes people to act that way but hate and a disregard for other people.
ReplyDeleteCities or Urban areas are scary because of the minority of people who commit crimes. Not "colored" people. As a black american its sad to hear that in 2012 with so much technology that connects this world stereotypes and fears still run ramped in people's minds. I love Korean Dramas...I am obessed! I just finished Bridal Mask and the the mirror image of an oppressed country like Korea in the 1920s is the exact oppression blacks received in the 1920's in the States. The comparisons are identical and the fight for both Koreans and Black Americans to receive the rights they deserve happened because of perseverance. Koreans and Black Americans have so much in common here's a short list:
1.Music: Rap and Break Dancing
2. Style. Compare Roca Wear worn in NYC to the K-pop vids in Korea! Skinny jeans and all!
3. Civil Rights Movement: Korean movement to the voting and civil rights movement for Blacks and Woman in the USA
4. Enslavement: The Slavery of Blacks by Whites in the 1800s and the Slavery of Koreans by the Japanese. Imperialism ruled over both of out ancestors.
The list continues but I hope perhaps this little rant educates you a bit. Place you're fear towards individuals who deserve it, please do not condemn my ethnicity, or my skin color on the ignorance of a few. If you truly wanted to you can make the conscience decision to judge a person and not a group. Please, this how we stop stereotypes and enjoy each other cultures. Please educate yourself on Black American culture, we are far more than Tyler Perry (who I hate) and we are just a strong as Malcolm X and Dr. King. We are just trying to find our way in the USA. Hope to continue the conversation and I hope If I have any K-drama questions you can help!
lol dude. I already know how similar Koreans and Black people are. I've taken so many history classes. But the problem is how many Koreans know about black history? How many black people know about Korean history? We both do not know much about each other. Average black person that would ask me for money won't know about this. A college student who I roomed with didn't know Koreans experienced slavery. He only pitied black people didn't care about Koreans. Read my personal thoughts. I clearly state we need to exchange more cultures... Even know people are raging how I'm racist when I SAID we need to exchange more information about each other so that we can prevent racial misunderstanding. Sorry I'm a bit rough but I'm tired of you guys telling me I'm wrong. People are different. So am I. I'm just trying to let black people know about honest opinion about them. And sure ask me questions but I don't watch kdrama lol!
DeleteI understand your fear, even though I am black if i see two men walking I will walk to the other side of the street but I am a woman sooo, having said that I have been attacked by Korean boys(I live in Texas, on Fort Hood) before for no reason, multiple times, I have been chased by whites, other blacks, and Mexicans. So I can say for experiences..when walking in the streets...TRUST NO ONE!!lol
ReplyDeletehaha thats very true.But, well at least in Korea, it is a lot safer. I guess maybe because Koreans don't have guns???
DeleteGreetings to you,
ReplyDeleteI read your blog as well as the comments that people posted on here and wanted to say that it's cool that you are advocate to closing the barrier between African/ African American and Korean people. On some of the comments, it seems like people percieve you as being prejudice, even though you are just making a benefical statement. I absolutely agree with your belief that in order to break the barriers of prejudice and misuderstandings that some in these two groups harbour, that they must have more postive interactions and learn about one anothers cultures. I don't agree with generalizing African/ African American's and Korean people's orientation toward one another(how they see eachother) though because I feel that these generalizations usually harbor room for misunderstandings and prejudices. Also these types of generalizations can leave people with a negative view of both groups of people. To tell you the truth though; sometimes, I feel that when people generalize on these kinds of topics, that they try to be “The Voice” for what most of their population thinks regarding this or that. I don't feel that is what you are doing though, I feel like you are striving to make a difference:). Thank you so much for your blogs, keep up the good work:)). BTY, it's kind of random, but loosely related this is one of My favorite quotes: The earth is but one country and mankind it's citizens.. Baha'u'llah
omg thank you. Its been a while since someone actually read the blog and got the point of the writing this blog post -.-
DeleteSo.. a lot of you people commented just like embarrassed yourselves.Thanks for proving how close minded we are when we always use the term open minded to prove a point.
ReplyDeletePlease do send me Blog posts.
I'm a Korean living in America, and I have to admit... I am a little bit scared of black people. Not all of them though, cuz the smart ones are actually really good people. :)
ReplyDeleteBut I can totally relate to you when you say that you intentionally walk around the black people. If you have bad previous experiences, then chances are, you'll want to avoid the underlying cause of that event. As it is commonly said, it takes one person/thing to ruin something completely for you.
But yea. Well-said points in the article. And I do agree with you when you say that Koreans are generally racist. Maybe because it's I've lived in America ever since I start preschool, but I just can't stand those people who intentionally say/do things to show their hatred for a particular race... which may be the reason the why my blood boils when we learn about slavery in the 1900s and about the KKK. x)
Yeah the smart ones are very diligent. I have a lot of respect for them. Thats why I categorized educated black people. Its kind of easy to distinguish these people. They wear really preppy lol.
DeleteI think we just lack cultural understanding. Not necessarily racist. Its not just the Koreans, black people also lack any cultural understanding of Koreans.
But it was pretty cool that I saw this Black person who studied Korean before going to Korea as an English teacher. I bet he is going to love it because he is definitely opened minded.
im korean and lived there for 8 years and y best friend is black . From personal experience koreans think they are the best race and now im starting to believe they just hate on everything
ReplyDeleteSo I don't know where all these like Korean americans are coming from but oh cool welcome.
DeleteCan you like read all my blog. I've already wrote about Korean Pride.
Actually its the fan that will kill them.
ReplyDeleteHey your kind of embarrassing yourself but its ok. I understand you just escaped from a mental hospital and you're just adapting.
"Everyone Is The Same Color In The Dark."
ReplyDeleteRespect ALL races.. Not just one.
This is not based on only WonTaek Chung, but everyone who commented.
WonTaek Chung I think it's rude what you commented back to people. Who is truly the one embarrassing themselves? The commenter or the poster?
Insulting someone who came from a mental hospital? Really mature. Think about the people in there with actual problems and you decide to insult them to insult someone?
That's not very open minded is it?
Yes. I read your whole blog/post. And I understand why you may not TRUST the African American race. But I can also understand where the girl who's car broke down is coming from too.(I'm sorry)
If you see a white person on the street. Walk around them.
Korean? Walk around them.
Black? Walk around them.
Hispanic? Walk around them.
If you are willing to walk around one race of people, be willing to walk around all others. Because as someone stated before me. There is no one you can trust. For, Everyone Is The Same Color In The Dark.
-Tracie. A proud, honest, and educated African American
Insulting them? Why not?
DeleteI'm sorry but I have a lot of things going on with my life. Your probably don't even care because you only care about this post I wrote. Well I'm going through extreme emotional instability. I can't even get help because I'm in a foreign country alone.
I'm already upset about the comments I get. I only tried to help and all I get is stupid comments.
Thanks for making me hate my life more. Its already so dark. You just made it darker for me. Let say this comment just made me want to kill myself.
To be honest, a lot of the comments hurt me. Like I already said Koreans were racist. Whats the big deal? Why are people repeating that Koreans are racist? I mean I already said I was racist.
I'm Sorry for what you're going through.
DeleteI cannot say I understand because I've never been through something like that.
Chung, If I truly made you hate your life. I am deeply sorry.
A comment shouldn't have enough power in your life to make you want to end your life. Dark? Like your in a deep depression?
The big deal is being rasict is not ok. It hurts people deeply to think that people believe that about them without knowing them.
People are repeating what they hear. And what they heard from you (as you said yourself) Koreans are/were rasict.
And this is why you get rude comments because you, yourself said that you ARE rasict.
I'm just typing what I think/know is true..
One question: How would you like it if I was rude to you because you are Korean?
Ok Can't you see I've tried my best to be nice and just let it go? I've tried my best to make people understand the point of writing this post. All you care about is it is wrong to be racist. What about the part of me telling you guys that we need to understand each other??? Why the fk you guys keep only focusing on me being racist? i said we need to understand each other. WTF I'm tired of this shit. I'll delete this blog post if its that unappreciated. You'll be happy if I delete this right? So I don't have to deal with all this nonsense.
DeleteFirst you have to admit you are racist in order to change yourself. IF you don't admit it theres is nothing to change. So I admitted that I'm semi racist, but not to the point that I don't even talk or touch black people. I treat them the same as any race. Except on the streets. Cause were I live its really not safe.you know how many criminal alerts we get in our school. -.- and i have personal bad experiences.
'to be honest I'm more opened minded then anyone. I really don't have a nationality I've lived in different countries for my entire life. I'm not even really Korean.
btw I was treated like shit because I was Korean before. Its not uncommon. Stop thinking Black people are the only people that have to deal with racism. Don't tell me black people are open minded. How many do you think even know about Korean culture? Don't even talk bout Kpop. Kpop is really not that much of Korea.
Really tell me should I delete this blog post?
And could really write something about Black people so that Koreans can understand you guys better?
DeleteAll these commenters did nothing. They didn't evne send me a post even if I requested. You need to try to make people understand about your culture. Not just spam so comment saying man your racist.
Please stop commenting and write a blogpost so i can post it up on my blog.
I really don't want to spend the effort in replying to the same questions over and over again.
Yes each comment does matter. It wasn't one comment that pissed me off. I'm extremely emotionally unstable right now. You don't give a fuck about it. because all you care about its yourself. Not about others. I mean I've told you I'm depressed yet your telling me about this shit again. I'm so tired of this. I'm trying my best to be happy. I'm trying my best to find emotional stability. Could you fking read my later posts? I'm so fking depressed. I can't even watch a movie properly because of my emotional stability. And I can't have get help because I'm alone in a foreign country. Just recently I broke my jaw. Just recently I lost someone special. So fk you. I mean what the fk did you do to help me? Nothing and yet your giving me pain. Yes I could kill myself if i wanted to. because thats what happen when your emotionally unstable. You start to feel bad. Realize nobody can help you. And you feel so much pain inside. Then you just want to end it because its too much pain. Well thanks for making me sad again when I tried my best to believe today was a better day. Fk you really. you can't even give me support and your jsut here to complain and not do anything about.
Well fk you and write blog post about African Americans so that Koreans who visit my blog can read it.
I'll post it up.
Thanks for making say shit. I really don't do informal comments but, fk you I'm in so much pain.
I hope you have a great day. Cause I can't.
You know whats fucked up? I try to help and all I get is shit. Really read it again. Do I look like I'm trying to potray black people as bad people??? I'm just telling how Koreans might think of black people. and a lot of people are curious. Am I racist? Well against every race even my own. Look at my blog really I diss my own people. Because dissing is part of me.
Really make a difference by writing a blog post. If you don't your s troll.
I got 100 comments on this post. I got 0 blog posts about black people. Actually my Filipino friend sent me his post.
Don't worry about I deleted post.
ReplyDeleteYou win.
I hope it made you feel accomplished.
I'm african american and honestly I don't like black people. My friends call me racist but I find that as someone who is an otaku or an oreo, black people create a stereotype for me that I don't want. when some one seems me at night walking down the street they stay away from me when in reality im probably more scared of them. and thats why i don't like black people. i don't find you racist for not liking them either. i favor asians. does that mean im racist against all other races. no. i just have my preferences. so i don't think what you posted was wrong and you should ignore all the haters. the ones who are saying its racist probably aren't black. so you shouldn't even worry about their opinion because it doesn't concern them and therefore they have no need to be offended.
ReplyDelete