Saturday, October 1, 2011
Why do Koreans eat cucumber when they climb mountains?
Actually I only found out about this 2 years ago, when I went mountain climbing in Korea with my grandmother. Well, for my grandmother it was more like mountain eating. She just likes to do a short climb and find a good place to eat and talk with other grandmothers -.- lol I would usually go ahead and go to the top. After I came back she gave me a cucumber.... At first, I was "...." Then started eating it.
But, when I thought about it on the way back, a lot of Koreans were eating cucumber on the mountain. I'm probably the weirdest kid to think this pretty funny because I keep picturing a kappa when imagine someone eating a cucumber. (Sorry, I'm those dumb people who laugh loudly without any particular reason). Anyways back to the main topic.
So, I quickly googled "why do people eat cucumber mountain climbing". Didn't work.. So I googled in Korean "오이 등산 왜" which is translated "cucumber mountain climbing why" lol.... Its actually grammatically wrong in Korean as well. Either way I got results!!!
1. Cucumber has a lot of water, easy to carry and eat.
2. When you sweat, your not just loosing water from your body. There are a lot of nutrients that leave the body and the cucumber can supplement your body.
I guess these are two very reasonable reason to eat cucumber while climbing or jogging.
Just a side note, cucumber is really good for your skin as well.
So, why don't you try cucumber during your long walks?
Labels:
Why do Koreans?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment