Pages

Friday, October 22, 2010

So... What happens to the cows???


For some reason I made a blog about the Korean cows! and Alena reminded me of Korean BBQ. Yes Alena I am going to ramble about how Korean BBQ rocks and I think they are better then anything (well thats a lie). Anyways Korean BBQ have different sorts of meat and taste. So, saying you hate BBQ means you hate eating any sort of meat :P

So.. I'll just give you guys a list.

1. 차돌배기 sounds like cha dol bae gi. Direct translation is car rock slicing. Nope nobody is going to give you cha dol bae gi if you ask for car rock slicing. It doesn't even make sense in english :P. Cha dol bae gi is thin slices of beef. We eat it with salt with sesame oil. Like all meat we eat it with a lettuce wrap with chili sauce. The best thing about this meat is that you really get to taste the freshness of the meat. Recommended for people who love meat and the taste of the meat itself.

2. 양념갈비 aka LA Ribs? I am not sure but anyways these are the normal BBQ that everyone talks about. Its one of the most common type of meat. They come in two different type of meat. Either beef or pork. Obviously beef will be more pricy :S . But, pork doesn't taste bad at all. The meat is seasoned with soy sauce, onions, sugar, and tenderized by fruits. Well, I could give you guys the recipe if requested . La ribs are sweet and enjoyed by many.



3. 꽃등심 Kot Deng shim. Direct translation is flower sirloin. This is another recommendation for meat lovers. Its just meat over fire like Cha dol bae gi. BBBBUUT, Kot deng shim has bigger slices. Still, we eat them the same way as Cha dol bae gi. We use salt with sesame oil.



4. 삼겹살 Pork belly. This is probably the most common! Well, its also the most affordable meat. But, Koreans love it. We eat it like cha dol bae gi. The best thing about pork belly is that we can fry Kimchi on the pork oil. God... fried kimchi taste so good. So, if you like kimchi and pork. Get your car and drive out to a Korean restaurant.




This was just a general overview of the type of meat you can order in Korean restaurants. Most restaurants have ban chan which are side dishes like kimchi given for free. Most likely, they'll also give out some type of soup. The soup really depends on restaurants lol Don't go demand free soup cause you read it on a blog :P . I would recommend you guys to have soju with meat. Well, soju isn't expensive and luxurious as wine or vodka, but its a way to enjoy your meal in an oriental way. My friends dad love soju. Its interesting how people react to new type of taste when they actually taste them.

My roommate finally had bullgogi. I didn't think he was into eating Korean food. But, after he tasted it he liked it and well at least didn't complain.

Well, I want to actaully try the chicken in the egg, a Filipino dish. I might hate it but I want to try it at least :P and I want to try rabbit ... :P Yes I am a heavy meat eater. Sorry you veggie ppl. I am evil. Argh writing this blog made me so hungry for meaaaat. Sadly, I can only get chicken in the dining hall. or processed paddies :( someone invite me to dinner

3 comments:

  1. The Chadolbaegi picture should be edited. The raw thin slice was actually thechadolbaegi LOL haha sorry I'm tooo lazy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, so much meat.... =/
    Bulgogi, I want some too :). Actually no, I just want dolsot bibimbap :(

    Gime some. I'll bring you back the duck egg! HAHAHAHA BUT YOU HAVE TO PROMSIE TO EAT IT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL yeah definitely I will devour the souls of the ducks LOL does it really taste like chicken? I'm a bit scared LOL

    ReplyDelete