Pages

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Back to seoul

I’m currently on the bus back to Seoul. I just wanted to write a quick blog post before I pass out on the bus – I mean, I’m incredibly tired. I get up at 9:00am and leave the lab at 4:00am. Despite the time I devote to the lab, I’m not very productive- I wish I was. I’m just very languished most of the time I’m there. I sluggishly do work. I need to sleep twice a day, but the regulations set by the lab doesn’t allow that. So, I just sometimes fall asleep on the lab chair. I just have too much to do, and I can’t get them done. Well, I’m finally going to take a break. I’m just going to have a bit of fun, while I read more papers, and remember vocabs.  

The whole point of today’s blog is to just brainstorm ways to be more motivated, and plan what I’m going to be doing during my stay in Seoul. I’m doing decent with my grades. I need to focus on improving my AI grade. I don’t think I did well on the test. As for the other courses, I’m doing decently. As for research, It is not going so well. Every time there is a project or a test due, I get really exhausted. I can’t recuperate fast enough since I can’t rest at lab. Hopefully, after resting this weekend at home, I’ll be fully recovered. I did purchase a foot rest. I just want my cubicle to be as comfortable as it can be. Besides, I made a bit of money writing for the school newspaper. I did start working on GRE. I’ve stopped studying of it for a while, but I didn’t forget everything, thankfully. I am trying to read as much research papers I can, but it is hard; I can’t understand everything. As for productivity, I figured out that I can’t be productive because I have too much meetings to attend to. Like, I would arrive lab at around 10am, I’ll have class at 11am, once I get back, I’ll have lunch at noon. After lunch, I have another class around 2pm, or 4pm, and dinner is at 6pm. So, I’m interrupted most of the time. I need at least 3 hours to be productive. I have also stopped taking pills. On days I don’t take pills, I am incapable to do anything. On days I do take pills, I am very productive. I found out that I’m most productive at 8pm to 2am. Well, more precisely, I can concentrate well at 12am to 4am.

For the break, I’m going to be staying in Seoul for around 3 days. I’m probably going to watch a movie because I still have a coupon that expires this year. I’m going to finish reading about neural networks. I should read a couple of papers. I should also watch some videos online about computer science. I am just happy I can laydown, and do work. I need to go to the dentist, to the psychiatrist, and to the salon. I need to bring back few GRE books as well.

As for money, last month was pretty bad. I’ve overspent, especially because I had to buy a bicycle. I mean, the bicycle was worth it because I’ve been riding it, but it did have an impact on my balance. Well, thankfully, my client is going to pay me next week.  




                                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment