Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

Korean Cherry Blossom


Cherry Blossoms are probably way more famous than Korea. Actually, when you think of Cherry Blossoms, the first country to think of is probably Japan.(So did I... ) Korea also has a lot of Cherry Blossoms. But, I kind of found it funny that its not famous as Japan, so I googled about it. Well, first of all, Koreans were not found of Cherry Blossoms cause of the colonization. Apparently the Japanese planted tress in the palace to show their control over Korea. And after the WWII, Koreans started cutting down Cherry Blossom tress!

which was really kind of stupid. Since Japanese and Korean Cherry Blossoms are pretty different. Actually, one of the more popular Cherry Blossom, could have been brought from a Korean island, Jeju. (Currently, they only have hypothesis on where the tree came from, since it wasn't natural species in Japan..This I might be wrong). But the point is, Koreans should have more pride in their Cherry Blossoms!

kk Enough of Korean pride D:

Just some videos









kk, actually Cherry Blossoms are quite nice in Korea. lol and maybe I just didn't know about it since we are too POOR to go see them -.- and too busy surviving






1 comment:

  1. Too poor? Dude. You don't need money to LOOK at trees to do you!?

    And yes lol I must admit that I always think of Japan first when somebody says Cherry Blossoms. I didn't know Korea has them too! Nice :D

    ReplyDelete