Pages

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Decisions;

I can't decide if I should take the effort to tutor a colleague for free. He is from Pakistan, and sometimes he is pisses me off. In our school, there is a test composed of four subjects. You have to pass all of them to get a PhD. This guy who was suppose to be a PhD applicant failed all four of them. I only took one for fun and passed. Took it for fun means I was watching television shows and playing games while studying for the test. I only took one because I'm a masters student, and I didn't want to bother with PhD. So, when we got our results, this guy was mad depressed. I mean he gets kicked out of the program if he fails the next time. To be honest, he isn't the most noble and diligent person I know- actually he slacks a lot and it is hard to imagine this person is a PhD student. Well, at least for the test, he did study hard for it. I did feel bad and told him that I'll tutor him. I should have just ignored him, but I thought it was a good opportunity for myself to study computers. I don't even know if I want him to be in the lab. I think I'll just go with the flow and if he pisses me off, I'm done with him. 

I actually have loads to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment